Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Together with Zodiac Aerospace, Safran has more than 91,000 employees and would have around EUR 21 billion in adjusted revenue (pro forma 2016).
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the 'Happy at work' rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin is the world’s leading supplier of cabin interiors for regional, narrow and wide-body, business and military aircraft.
The company's product range includes integrated cabin interiors, overhead bins, galleys, lavatories, crew rests and cargo containers.
The Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for facilitating visual management & flow in Manufacturing, and, Materials areas. This role will also support facility-wide flow and product family future state development / implementation. The role will also support lean vision, training, and communication throughout division.
Summary of Duties:
· Establishes detail planning of manufacturing sequences and furnishes detail operating instructions to production personnel.
· Plans logical approach to complex manufacturing problems and their solutions.
· Implement/enforce company manufacturing processes and policies.
· Analyzes engineering design documents, prototypes and or engineering change orders and determines what equipment, tooling, materials, method of manufacture and facilities are required to produce a particular product in scheduled quantities and that the lowest cost consistent within quality specifications.
· Performs and documents make/or buy decisions
· Works concurrently with designers to recommend the best product configuration for lowest mfg cost
· Creates process plans for manufacture or procurement of parts and assemblies
· Creates tools, fixtures and methods to reduce cycle time of manufactured or procured parts or assemblies
· Specifies appropriate tools and fixtures for the manufacturing task
· Recommends new or improved cutting tools
· Recommends improved manufacturing processes or methods
· Evaluates and resolves design related production problems
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
Education: Bachelors degree (BS) in Engineering, Manufacturing, or an equivalent combination of education and (10) years experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field.
Experience: Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through (6) or more years of increasingly responsible experience that included utilizing continuous improvement principles (i.e. lean manufacturing), total quality and problem solving tools.Minimum 3 years of management experience in a technical field.
Preferred: Minimum (5) years of Managing experience in a technical field
· Read and analyze reports and drawings.
· Basic knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plain and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
· Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
If you are applying for a job in the United States and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our Human Resources Department at and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
ID: DCIS - 14324