Description de l'offre
· OCCUPATIONAL SUMMARY:
Supervises assembly operations to ensure optimal performance of the assembly department or work cell. Manages production schedules, manpower allocation, cost and safety standards. Ensure quality standards, employee training and high employee morale in the assembly department.
· DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintains an optimum flow of production through the department or work cell.
· Actively promotes safety in all aspects in the department or work cell.
· Provides training to all employees and ensures each one understands his or her job responsibilities. Cross-trains employees for added efficiency.
· Develops and maintains strong positive communications and working relations with all employees. Ensures all complaints and pre-grievances are thoroughly handled with each employee.
· Supervises labor and material to maintain a positive variance against hazards.
· Actively involves all employees in taking corrective action to achieve high levels of product quality to meet and exceed quality standards.
· Creates an atmosphere for development of new concepts, ideas and methods to support continuous improvement in the department or work cell.
· Maintains a high quality of workmanship and assumes responsibility for work performed in assigned duties.
· Responsible for accurate timekeeping records of employee’s.
· Responsible for implementation or continuous improvements upon Lean Manufacturing.
· Responsible for adherence to FAA and OSHA requirements.
· Responsible for updating communication boards, employee cross-training matrices, and other relevant information for the assigned area.
· May perform other duties as required.
3) QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
· Knowledge and skills:Must have knowledge of MRP systems, scheduling, and blueprints. Must have the ability to direct and motivate other employees. Must have knowledge of bargaining agreement or willingness to learn. Must be computer literate. MAPICS experience preferred.
· Education and/or Experience:High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field preferred. At least three years of experience in production a production environment. Two years of prior lead or supervisory experience preferred.
· Communication Skills: Must have the ability to generate written communication and to operate required office equipment. Ability to read and review written communication. Speech and hearing abilities that allow individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in English.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to think strategically and solve problems.
4) PHYSICAL DEMANDS : This position requires extended periods of walking and working with computers and viewing computer monitors, and other office equipment. Finger dexterity needed in using misc. office equipment such as telephone, typing, ten key, fax, copy machine etc. Bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to approximately fifty pounds are required during tasks related to the job.