Description de l'offre
Duration: Placement, Full-Time/Part-Time
Time period: minimum 3 months maximum 6 months
We are looking for a skilled Pattern Cutter & Garment Tech to join our team, who wishes to not only gain experience but also learn different styles of constructions and cuts. The ideal candidate will have proven experience working with respected and recognised Multi-Award Winning Fashion Brand. They will be working on all our collections for Menswear, Womenswear and Accessories plus on the business side. This is a great opportunity to work alongside the designer on a future project in creating collections from generating ideas to finished product.
- Specific preparation for all of our Menswear and Womenswear collection.
- Should be able to develop patterns, interpret sketches and images into patterns.
- Product development relating to the garments technical issues, such as aiding with the selection of which trims, fabrics and accessories to use.
- Applying above findings and research to the garments and products.
- Creating a detailed spec sheet and paper work for each pattern produced for factory to follow.
- As a Pattern Cutter / Garment Tech you will work with the Designer and other team members.
- Speaking with other departments and the factories, communication is key.
- Follow the critical path and raising any issues.
- Speaking with buyers feeding information regarding samples and fits requirements.
Skills & Experience
- The candidate must have very strong technical abilities.
- The candidate should have a keen eye for understanding shapes, garment structure, construction and pattern cutting.
- Produce technical garment specifications (tech packs) to enable factories to produce right-first-time samples and Garment Technology to rigorously test the sample products for quality control purposes.
- Basic Sewing skills, relevant educational background in the field.
Applications Must Include:
- Your CV & Portfolio in PDF format
- The date you are available to begin/end your placement
Job Type: Part-time
Placement: International undergraduates/graduates and 2nd year UK nationals to apply only.