Technical Writer Internship
Who are we?
WorldRemit - if the media's to be believed, we're the FinTech start-up taking the world by storm - scooping-up awards and more than $140m in funding. Ok... all that is true. But we're so much more. WorldRemit is changing the way people send money to family and friends. We're leading an online revolution and laying to rest old-fashioned money transfers.
We’re now looking for an Intern to join our Cloud Site Reliability Engineering team – CSRE (these guys and girls look after our cloud backend services from the customer and technical perspective making sure everything is super reliable and in working in order if you’re wondering what the jargon and acronyms mean!). This internship will be a minimum of 6 weeks although we are able to have someone longer – the duration will be decided by your own availability as well.
A bit about your day to day:
- A lot of your time will be spent with the Technology teams – stand-ups, meetings, lunch and learn sessions. A key part of your role will be to learn how they function, what they’re working on day to day and start to articulate that into words for the Technology department.
- With this being a Technical Writer role, it’ll be no surprise to hear the end game on this will be documentation and write ups from the technical sessions you go to. The documentation will be available and accessed by all tech teams here (you’ll also be documenting using Wiki pages FYI).
- You’ll be working very closely with our Technical Product Owner to understand where the documentation gaps are and subsequently plugging these gaps together.
A few things we’d like to see in you:
- Above anything else we want someone who wants to learn about systems, software and how they’re put together. This will be a superb learning opportunity so we want someone who will fully embrace that and take it all in! You don’t need to be doing a tech related Degree for this, just a genuine interest to learn.
- You’ll be put into the CSRE team talking all things tech so an ability to be able to decipher a lot of ‘techy talk’ would be very useful :-)
- Excellent communication skills are a must (as every job spec states!). But this role will require a lot of listening, questioning and the ability to articulate discussions into written documents so the need for excellent communication for this role really is super key.
- An understanding of Visio and basic website structures/links would also be very useful.
A few important things to make a note of:
As a regulated company in financial services, WorldRemit requires reference and background checks including criminal and credit checks for all new hires. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please speak to your recruiter and they will be happy to discuss this with you.