Summary of Role
As a Software Engineer you will be involved at all stages of the development life cycle, through requirements analysis, coding, unit testing, system testing, UAT and warranty-support.
· Liaison with subject-matter experts, business analysts, product owners, scrum-masters, developers, testers and architects to ensure that the proposed solution is mapped to business outcomes.
· Design and development of application solutions incorporating web-based user interfaces, communication layers, calculation engines, data layers and database structures.
· Designs will ensure that solutions are modelled logically, consistently and intuitively, ensuring that they perform optimally within agreed tolerances.
· Involvement in the promotion of developed solutions through various environments in adherence with the change control life cycle.
· Peer review of code from development team members and third-party providers, with a focus on maintainability and performance.
· Ensure solutions are built to best practices and patterns for application development and integration.
· User experience, understanding how technology can help the user to successfully complete a task.
· Working with DevOps and Delivery Managers to provide active management of the continuous integration/continuous deployment processes through the TFS and Release Manager packages.
· Showcasing of product increments to the scrum team and stakeholders (sprint review)
· Bachelor’s degree in a business or an IT related subject or relevant business experience.
· Systems integration experience required
· Azure development/integration experience
· Application architecture experience required
· Ability to work under pressure to tight timelines and without direct supervision
· Organised and methodical
· Excellent analytical problem solving skills
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to interpret business conversations and translate into technical requirements
· Varied SDLC experience including Agile Scrum
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more atwillistowerswatson.com .
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.