An excellent opportunity is available for an ambitious candidate to become an integral part of the Global Marine business at Willis Towers Watson, working as part of our Average Adjusting practice based in the UK, US and Asia.
· Support and develop our existing Average Adjusting capabilities both for our own existing clients and future prospects.
· Form part of an expanding team overseeing every aspect of client, market or internal service delivery.
· Promote the brand of the Willis Towers Watson Marine Average Adjusting capabilities.
· Provide first class professional Adjusting capabilities to international Marine clients
· Advise claimants on the validity of their claim, offering options on the recovery of their loss.
· Manage the claim proceeds by way of collection and payments from insurers and other parties
· Collect General average and Salvage Security
· Obtain and assimilate the documentation required to prepare the Average Adjustment
· Liaison with Shipowners, cargo interest, insurance brokers, lawyers, surveyors, professional valuers and insurers, as required
· Good interpersonal and team skills, ability to develop strong business relationships
· Ability to quickly grasp complex issues
· Ability to learn and promote internal procedures and controls
· Flexible approach to work and ability to adapt to change
· Verbal and written communication and ability to explain matters to non-specialists
· Good IT skills
· Desire to take early responsibility
· High degree of self-discipline, commitment and modesty combined with an ability to manage own expectations.
· Undertake, or have passed the requisite Association of Average Adjusting examinations or have relevant Marine Insurance Claims experience and a willingness to now specialize in the Average Adjusting capabilities.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more atwillistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact : Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.