Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", “The Settlers”, “Anno”, “Far Cry” and many more.
The newly established Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, an unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
As a newly established Ubisoft studio, we have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
As a VFX Artist you will be responsible for creating cutting-edge special effects for our games including particle effects, dynamic simulations and shader effects.
· Conceptualize, design, and create in-game visual effects by using available tools (particle systems, modelling, texturing, etc.)
· Work collaboratively with game designers and engineers to understand and interpret gameplay requirements to communicate gameplay mechanics to the player within the budgets of the engine.
· Work with the Art Director to define a visual style for VFX
· Cooperate with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
· Ensure that VFX assets are built efficiently and perform within budgets
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
General job requirements
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a VFX Artist in game development
· Strong understanding of particle systems, shaders and procedural animation.
· Working knowledge of Maya, 3DSMAX, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages
· A keen eye for motion, compositing, and animation
· Extensive experience with VFX editors and real-time particle systems.
· Being familiar with a node graph oriented workflow
· Able to work within a specific art style
· Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project.
· High degree of self-motivation and initiative
· Great communication skills and a positive attitude
· Fluent in English, both verbally and written
Nice to have
· Scripting experience
· Experience in Houdini
· Experience as an animator, modeler and/or texture artist
· Being an avid gamer!
· Experience with shaders in a package like Unreal or Hlsl experience
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
· Examples of natural and organic effects (smoke, fire, waterfalls)
· Examples of fantastical or exaggerated effects (spells, explosions)
· Examples of rigid or soft body dynamics
· Effects created in a game engine
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
· Flexible working hours
· External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
· Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
· Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com