Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "James Cameron's Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", "Far Cry", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for a
UI Designer [Uplay PC] (f/m/d).
This position will be located at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany ).
We are looking for an experienced and talented UI designer to join Uplay PC. As an integral part of a design team, you will be responsible for shaping and designing user-centric product experiences. You should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate this into functional, intuitive and beautiful user interfaces, based on prior UX designs and results from user research.
You will join a multi-disciplinary team where everyone is willing to expand their knowledge and are encouraged to continue learning new things. The team is characterized by passion, comradery and the love for pc gaming. You will work in close collaboration with the other designers, programmers and testers with the opportunity to visit and work from collaborating studios.
· Work closely with UX Designers to interpret overall layout and create high-fidelity prototypes in production quality
· Create and improve user wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows and effectively communicate your interaction ideas by using any of these methods
· Perform iterations based on user feedback
· Execute all visual design stages and coordinate with UX Designers from concept to final implementation phase
· Conceptualize original ideas that bring consistency, simplicity and user friendliness to the product
· Evaluate and set best practices and visual design standards
· Establish logical, readable UI solutions and follow up usability strategies
· Work as part of the design team and within the guidelines provided by direction
· Design for accessibility, customization and mind localization constraints
· Collaborate with developers and provide them with clear specifications UI components and follow-up on final implementation of all features to ensure proper execution
· 3+ years of relevant experience
· Portfolio demonstrating your UI design skills
· Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other similar visual tool
· Good knowledge about User-Centered Design, design principles, typography and accessibility of human capabilities and limitations and how to translate them into consistent, appealing and user-friendly product experiences
· Basic knowledge of interaction design and user behavior
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Experience working in agile teams, with developers and UX Designers, etc.
· Ability to prioritize assignments in order to anticipate and meet multiple deadlines
· Fluent in English, both verbally and written
· Ability to learn quickly
· Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
You as a person
· You can work autonomously within your field and at the same time you are able to work well within a multidisciplinary and iterative team
· You communicate well with your colleagues and present your work effectively
· You are excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders
· You ask questions, take risks, champion new ideas and drive your ideas forward
· You take responsibility for your tasks and follow them through
· You are open to providing and receiving feedback and improving upon it
· You have outstanding abilities to solve problems creatively and effectively
Nice to have
· Passion for Design, Video Games, and Esports
· Basic knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 along with responsive design and Lean UX
· Proficiency in prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD or similar)
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
· Relocation Support : We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
· 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
· Flexible Working Hours : We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
· Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
· Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
· Discounted Games . We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
· Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
· Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
· Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
· Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
· English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
· Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water . Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We are offering motivating challenges for true team players with a high level of self-initiative. If you are passionate about games and wish to become part of an innovative and diverse game development studio, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectations.
For further information, please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com .