THE WORLD OF UBISOFT
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with.
It should come as no surprise that Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile is located in the vibrant, cosmopolitan city of Barcelona, the hub of innovation in mobile development and technology.
Our studio brings together dedicated, experienced professionals focused on crafting high-quality F2P games for mobile.
We strongly believe in the core values at the centre of our Ubilife, which encourage us to take ownership of our work, continually striving for excellence while promoting the sharing of knowledge across individuals and teams, without losing our sense of enjoyment and fun, or our respect and care for one another.
Do you want to join us in the world of mobile gaming? If so, read on!
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
We’re currently seeking a UI Artist to help our team on their next adventure. You will join an international and successful team and will report to the Lead Game Designer. You will take part in the production of the games by creating new flows and interfaces, art, et al. elements for the success of the game working closely with other designers, artists and programmers.
Your daily adventure:
· Develop concepts and the design of the game menus and user interfaces.
· Development of the best possible flow according to the user experience to deliver.
· Assure that game information is well conveyed through the various user interfaces.
· Determine gameplay with the collaboration of the game designer and the art direction.
· Work on the design of the User Interface of our games from two different points of view:
· Creating the visual style of all the User Interface in the game (menus, buttons, HUD, pop-ups…) according with the art direction, and consistent throughout the entire project;
· Helping in the ergonomic design of the UI, making proposals of layouts and participating in all the stages of the game development with producers and designers to get the best functional design.
· Creation of all facets of the User Interface including: mockups, wireframes, icons, animations, UI style guides, general art and documentation, and final assets, in both prototypes and final products:
· Delivering the assets in the proper quality, format and time so other team members can use them.
· Being able to manage all the UI assets of a game, being in charge of the maintenance of the UI art repository.
· Technical integration in Unity, bug fixing and visual polish of final design.
· Communicate designs in a technical manner for programming implementation.
· Provide artwork to support team-wide project communication and vision.
· Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Are you serious about fun? Do you consistently seek out learning opportunities and aim to beat your high score? Are you open to new ideas, perspectives and cultures and believe that it takes a world to build a world? At Ubisoft, you’ll work alongside passionate and talented teams who are imagining the future of entertainment.
· BA in art media, graphic design or equivalent relevant experience
· Graphic design skills: sketching, wire framing and storyboarding abilities on paper and screen.
· An understanding of UI conventions and challenges on mobile platforms.
· An understanding of the full pipeline for getting UI assets into Unity3D engine.
· Expertise with Adobe CS package.
· Great skills with form and typography.
· Well-developed sense of composition and colour.
· Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and collaborate with other designers, artists to ensure delivery of the best possible User Experience.
· Positive attitude with the ability to receive and provide objective feedback
· Be a team player: we use agile development methods, where the team members are in permanent contact. Open mind and good communication skills are a must.
· Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits. Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change.
· Good command of English.
· Work permit for Spain obtained prior to applying for the position is a must.
· You have experience or knowledge of other 2D design tools and experience with 3D tools.
· Experience or knowledge of repository tools (Git, SVN…)
· Passion for games and strong knowledge of the mobile games industry.
· Spanish or Catalan is a plus.
YOUR LIFE AT UBISOFT BARCELONA MOBILE (and PERKS)
· 25 vacation days per year + day off in your Ubi-Birthday
· Flexible Working Hours & Working from Home policy
· Reduced schedule: Easter, Sant Jordi, Sant Joan, August and Christmas.
· Flexible compensation with Ticket Restaurant subsidy
· Cigna private Health insurance
· Physiotherapist special rates in the office
· Professional development programs and tickets to international events
· English and Spanish free lessons in the studio
· Great discounts in our games
· Gym special rates and discounts in other services
· Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages
· Company parties and events
· Fridays beers
· Mobile device grant based on seniority
· Relocation Package (when needed)
HOW TO APPLY
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, web page portfolio, etc.
Please send us the link to your demo reel/portfolio or website demonstrating the above skills.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender sexual orientation, age or disability status.