Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
· Prototype and rapidly iterate to prove design concepts in the game engine with minimum engineering support
· Understand design requirements from stakeholders and pitch ideas for solutions. Provide accurate risk assessments to production, engineering and design when new features are proposed
· Create a test plan to verify the design as needed
· Design systems and data pipelines in collaboration with engineers. The primary design goal is to provide the maximum flexibility for content creators and designers
· Document, maintain, and enforce technical standards for content creators. Communicate how to use systems
· Update and troubleshoot systems once they’re in use
· Help create tools for the design team to reduce dependency on engineering
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
· Light programming experience
· Able to utilize node graphs
· Ability to convey ideas to engineers and understand technical restrictions they face
· A prototyping and re-use mindset. Able to take existing systems and elements and quickly repurpose them in a new context
· Relevant scripting experience with tools such as Python, C#, or visual scripting
· Experience in all phases of development from inception to ship on at least two titles
· Able to help members of the team enhance their skills both interpersonal and technical
· Effectively able to provide feedback to members of the team and help them grow technical design and implementation skills
· Autonomous and self-driven
NICE TO HAVE
· Management experience ++
· Live game (Ex. F2P, etc.) design experience ++
· Music experience (performance, theory, composition, production, or sound engineering) +
· Experience collaborating across multiple studios or time zones +
· Japanese language skills +
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 24 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com .
Ubisoft is an EOE and offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.