The DNA team develops and manages a variety of data services and tools for storing and analyzing game telemetry. Known as a company-wide reference and trusted source, our products provide:
· real-time visibility on how Ubisoft titles are played; and
· an understanding of the habits and preferences of the people playing them.
Committed to knowledge sharing, we collect, process, and curate in-game data. Then transform it into clear and informative visualizations. The result? Meaningful metrics for production teams to make informed decisions and create even better gaming experiences .
As a Technical Architect within DNA, you’ll help drive the technical direction of a machine learning platform used to deploy machine learning algorithms like our content recommendation system. The purpose of this platform is to provide millions of players with even more personalized experiences.
With a focus on usability and scalability for our clients, you’ll help conceive the future of the product from a technical standpoint, while closely collaborating with tech leads, data developers, and data scientists to build a platform capable of making relevant and reliable recommendations. And, eventually, touch upon other domains within Ubisoft.
What you’ll do
Within a Scrum/Agile environment:
· Partner with other teams within DNA and the studio to identify technical opportunities for the platform.
· Piece together internally developed components as well as open source solutions to build a cohesive machine learning platform to be used by production teams and other teams within Ubisoft.
· Help coach data developers on the team at a technical level.
· Collaborate on decisions on the machine learning platform to improve its quality.
· Have a global perspective on machine learning platforms to help position Ubisoft as a leader of the domain.
· Monitor technological advancements and trends to help develop our best practices.
What you bring
· Experience with modern infrastructure and cloud technology (e.g. AWS, EMR, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
· Experience with big data technology, like Kafka, S3, Spark, and Hive
· Knowledge of Python and Java
· A degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or other relevant training)
· Around 5 years of experience in software/data architecture or related experience involving technological leadership (experience in DevOps, a plus)
· Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
· A collaborative and innovative spirit
· An understanding of the video game industry
What to send our way
· Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.