Our amazing world of Pandora is filled with sounds to be discovered and developed - therefore we're looking for a curious and creative sound designer to join our adventure. We're looking for an experienced sound designer and proficient Wwise-user, used to combining sound and technology to communicate ideas and feelings to contribute to the development of the immersive worlds we're known for. Our new colleague has experience with all aspects of the audio process for games, and is someone who knows and understands the complex nature of game audio.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
· Creating sound effects, by utilizing studio/foley recordings, synthesis techniques and using pre-recorded in-house and commercial material
· Integrating assets into Wwise middleware and Snowdrop as well as making sure they work as intended in game
· Keeping sound design documentation up-to-date for programmers, producers and other designers
· Communicating with the audio team as well as other game developers to make sure sound shares the creative vision of the project
· Setting high standards for game audio and educating rest of the development team when necessary
You as a person
Your strong background in audio and sound design for games makes you a quality conscious developer dedicated to your craft. You understand that as a part of an audio team you will have a lot of touch-points throughout an AAA development cycle, and you clearly communicate and liaison with all parts of the organization to reach common goals. Your independence in your work makes you a trusted adviser when it comes to anything sound and audio related and your emphatic nature enables you to easily relate, understand and collaborate with your peers whilst focusing on your craft and the ultimate goal of making a great experience on Pandora.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experience within the following areas:
· 4+ years of professional sound design experience in the video game industry
· At least one previously published AAA title credited
· Experience with audio recording, processing and mixing
· Proficient with modern day audio software (Pro-Tools, Reaper, Cubase, high-end vst plugins), as well as professional outboard gear
· Proficient and independent Wwise user
· Experience creating and mixing surround content
· Field recording experience is a bonus
· Understanding of the technical audio constraints regarding audio implementation, on current console platforms & PC and therefore the ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies
· An up-to-date showreel showing game-audio work
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below?
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.