Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production , Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
Ubisoft is seeking a Solutions Architect to join our IT Department . As part of our team you will define and deliver solid and thoughtful architecture of custom services for Ubisoft’s e-Commerce platform. The role will be a key player which will ensure that the new functionalities implemented meet industry’s best practices and will support business growth and objectives. You will actively interact and support communication related to architecture, development best practices and operations with business community and technical teams.
· Design performant, highly-scalable and reliable solutions based on the stakeholders’ requirements and industry best practices
· Review current solutions’ architectures and suggest improvements
· Collaborate with the technical delivery teams on technical design, delivery, documentation and support
· Work on key systems like payment gateway, fraud & tax services, subscription services, in-game store and integration with business critical systems like CRM, Order Management System and other
· Organize and facilitate application technical test plans and technical test cases (including performance tests, load tests, etc.)
· Be an active contributor of technical best practices, code and development standards and ensure adherence to them
· Keep up-to-date with latest technical trends, propose and conduct R&D projects that would add benefits to the team, act as a technical evangelist to spread the knowledge and gain adoption of new tools/practices within the development teams located in Bucharest and Montreal
· A solid technical background, with at least 10 years’ experience in building web applications and services
· Experience with PHP and MySQL
· Demonstrable design experience with RESTful APIs
· Cloud platform knowledge (AWS)
· Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration platforms
· Expertise with scalable systems and understanding of messaging (pub/sub, queues), caching, authentication
· Expertise with writing efficient MySQL queries and the ability to find and fix slow queries
· Disciplined approach to design and coding adhering to SOLID OOP principles and Test-Driven Development
· Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments
· Ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
· Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
· Dedicated, ambitious, with good time management and attention to detail
We have salaries to motivate you, bonuses for your performances, medical services to keep you safe and sound, meal tickets to use them wherever you want and free access to relaxing and fitness room. But most of all, we guarantee you’ll enjoy our atmosphere and working environment.