Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, representing one of the first companies to perform in this field, on the Romanian market. After a strong history of acclaimed titles, the studio moved into co-development, contributing to blockbuster games such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance. Today, the studio continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of amazing games that have a strong impact on players around the world.
At Ubisoft we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
We are looking for a Software Tester on Web & Desktop Tools , part of the Technology Group team, to look over an entire project’s lifecycle, provide first-line support and advanced tests, as well as be the central point of contact for the assigned product(s) within Ubisoft’s Technology Group.
The Technology Group is the primary technology partner of game production teams. We develop tools, middleware, and online solutions used in Ubisoft games and services. We also provide advisory services to production teams that request an external viewpoint on challenges for which we have the necessary technical expertise.
You will be working in a fast paced international environment together with a team with a great passion for testing and quality on a wide range of specialized tools used for game development.
What you’ll do:
· Identify and report software defects and usability concerns;
· Validate defect corrections;
· Support programmers in issue resolution;
· Create, maintain, and run test plans;
· Create and maintain test documentation;
· Create and send reports to stakeholders;
· Assist in defining acceptance test automation planning;
· Assist in implementing basic automated acceptance tests;
· Assist with first-line support for the product;
· Collaborate and coordinate with peers across the globe;
· Assist in training and/or producing tutorials to teach the basic features of the tools;
· Determine missing or inadequate processes in an effort to provide quality service;
· 2 years’ experience in a similar position;
· Excellent English Skills;
· Significant experience in Quality Assurance (troubleshooting, test);
· Knowledge of defect tracking software (Jira or similar);
· Knowledge of software testing principles and working methodologies;
· Knowledge of test management software (TestRail, X-Ray, or similar);
· Knowledge of test automation practices and software (TDD, BDD, Ranorex, Selenium, or similar);
· Familiarity with Source Control Management software (Git/GitLab, Perforce, or similar);
· Understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and production tools;
· Advanced knowledge of computers (Advanced OS features, VM, Cloud, or similar);
· Knowledge of API testing
· Experience with Postman, SoapUI or other similar testing tools;
· Experience with web applications
· Ability to read and understand a log file;
· Ability to understand and edit a JSON/XML file;
Desirable personal skills:
· Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written);
· Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Good organizational skills and able to manage priorities;
· Autonomy, ability to work with minimal guidance
· Ability to exercise good judgement and decision-making.
Would be a plus:
· Basic understanding of a scripting language (Python preferred), databases and networks (SQL, MongoDB, or similar);
· Familiarity with Server/Client architecture;
· Math skills (variables, operators, etc.);
· Experience with complex applications with multiple components;
· Any experience with debugging applications
· Previous interaction with Behavior Driven Development languages, like Gherkin, and tools, such as Cucumber or Behave, is a big plus.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
· We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
· We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
· If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
· You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
· If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
· Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.