Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Based in Osaka, Japan, the studio formerly known as Digital Kids was acquired by Ubisoft in 2008. Since then, the studio built up a wealth of experience developing for console, handheld, and mobile platforms. The studio released many successful titles, notably for the Petz® brand, and worked on games for a number of high profile partners including Tetris®, The Smurfs™, and The Disney Channel. Ubisoft Osaka collaborated with the Ubisoft San Francisco studio on the development of South Park™ The Fractured But Whole™ and the Rocksmith® franchise. With an eye on the future, the studio continues to grow in size with a focus on fostering its close working relationship with Ubisoft San Francisco to develop upcoming AAA projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
· Collaborate with game designers and programmers to make technical designs for the online features
· Implement state-of-the-art online features to our game engine
· Implement backend services and work with database layer communications
· Integrate external services and SDKs required for gameplay and live service
· Stay up-to-date on server programming in general and your specialties in particular
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
· Fluent in C++ and has experience or strong motivation to learn Go
· Has a good basic understanding of databases like MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis
· Is familiar with Google Cloud environment
· Is familiar with Kubernetes or other container technologies
· Has a good understanding of web services and REST
· Can write clear, maintainable, portable and functional code
· Is committed to code quality, documentation and testing procedures
· Has smooth communication and teamwork skills
· Has a proactive attitude and strong self-organization skills
· Fluent in English and Japanese and should hold good communication skills to interact with various teams