Ubisoft is composed of over 17,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Imagine the future of gaming with us. Join us and create the unknown.
As a Technical Artist - Rigging, you will work in close collaboration with animators, modelers, and the artistic director in order to produce high-quality rigs and tools for animation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
· Recognize proper mesh topology as well as repair and/or give feedback to the Modeling Department or outsourcing
· Based on the models provided by the Modeling Department, carry out the rigging and skinning of weapons or characters to meet the needs of project animators and of the technical and artistic directors
· Create and use tools a to produce the best possible results and incorporate them into the project’s game engine
· Implement skeleton control system to foster/simplify the work of animators
· Ensure the final result (rigging/skinning) meets the artistic standards of the project
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
· 2+ years experience in video game production or equivalent
· Extensive knowledge of Maya
· Knowledge of IK and optimal pivotal points
· Knowledge of the limitations of the game engine and production needs
· Art/Animation degree or equivalent experience
NICE TO HAVE
· Knowledge of Max
· Experience with Motionbuilder
· Experience providing detailed feedback to outsourcing or co-development studios
· Python scripting for Maya/Motionbuilder tools
· Knowledge of Substance Painter and PBR workflows/constraints
· In-depth knowledge of weapons and weapons rigging
WHAT YOU'LL GET
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
· 401k match
· Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
· Fitness, physical, and esports challenge reimbursements
· Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
· Paid parental leave
· Paid time off to volunteer
· Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
· Sabbatical leave available after five years of employment
· Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 24 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com .
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.