Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services worldwide. More than 17,000 talents with a wide range of expertise are committed to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable entertainment experiences.
Established in 2006, Ubisoft Sofia has grown to a world-class AAA game dev studio. Throughout the years, the studio has released more than 18 titles, ranging from small casual to big open-world games, and covering a wide range of platforms & technologies. Ubisoft Sofia has brought expertise and creativity into brands such as Tom Clancy’s®, Prince of Persia®, and is a key contributor to the Assassin’s Creed® franchise. With more than 240 talented professionals, the studio is currently working on several big Ubisoft's titles.
Our worlds are infinite. Choose your path and create the unknown.
The Procedural Technical Artist will populate autonomously the game worlds with already produced assets in accordance with the artistic direction and production deadlines. She/he will also create procedural tools for assembling dynamic assets and generating indoor/outdoor layouts. The Procedural Technical Artist will work mostly with Environment & Technical Art, Programming, Concept, Texture, Game and Level design teams to ensure that there are no technical problems met and to streamline the other team members' productivity and creativity.
· Populate the game worlds with assets (vegetation, rocks, clutter, decals, props etc.), in accordance with the artistic direction and production deadlines;
· Create procedural tools for assembling dynamic assets, generating indoor/outdoor layouts, spreading road networks, rivers, streams etc.
· Apply optimization to her/his work and work within the engine constraints;
· Research and prototype useful methods for automatization of the development of game worlds with Houdini. Constantly keeping up-to-date with the changes in the game technologies;
· Act as a bridge between the Art, the Programming & the other teams in the studio;
· Apply efficiently graphic principles in her/his work;
· Use and look for artistic references - in video games or in other artistic domains - in order to improve the visual aspect of the game;
· Understand and implement the desired gameplay intentions in the game levels he/she's in charge of;
· Be flexible and able to adapt to different technical/engine pipelines.
· Solid experience in Side Effects Houdini in procedural generation of graphical content;
· Understanding and applying the principles of procedural generation of graphical content in the game worlds;
· Understanding of code in Python, Vex or an equivalent language;
· Ability to work with technical constraints and integrate them into the procedural logic and tools;
· Excellent organizational skills;
· Good sense of form, shape, silhouette in regards to objects/layouts;
· Be able to anticipate the needs of the level artists in order to streamline their productivity;
· Good English (writing and speaking);
· Ability to think creatively in resolving technical challenges and limitations;
· Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines;
· Able to work with minimum supervision.
· Solid communication skills and a strong team-player;
· Passion for games and a strong game culture.
Nice to Have:
· Experience working with Houdini Engine (Unreal, Unity, other)
· Experience working with a game engine (Unreal, Unity, other)
· Previous experience in game development;
· Experience in Autodesk 3D Studio Max (modeling and texturing tools);
· Informal, friendly and international working environment;
· Opportunities to develop your skills working on AAA games;
· Learn and grow with the best professionals in the gaming industry;
· Possibility to take part in international work-related conferences and trainings;
· Benefits package including – private medical health and dental care, food vouchers, card for all public transport lines, monthly brunches, gifts for special occasions, special game dev merchandise, library of books and games, and many more;
· Flexible working hours and additional days off;
· Excellent office facilities and location right next to Borisova Garden Park in Sofia.
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria (work on-site)
CONTACT: Please send us a copy of your updated CV in English and portfolio.