At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
As the network administrator, you will be responsible for the health and operations of our telecommunication platform. Acting as a main escalation contact from our Service Center team, your main activities will be to support the day-to-day operations and infrastructure within a world-wide team.
You will also contribute to the execution of various projects; while being supported by the others administrators and architects’ group.
The scope of your role includes the global management of our network devices, as well as firewalls and VPN technologies.
The main tasks of the Network Administrator are to:
· Install and maintain various network equipment, including Wi-Fi, switches, routers, load balancers, and WAN optimization appliances;
· Deploy and maintain B2B VPN infrastructure;
· Manage company firewalls and their rule sets;
· Monitor and troubleshoot network infrastructure and services;
· Enforce network security policies and procedures;
· Perform proactive network capacity management activities;
· Maintain documentation regarding network hardware and software;
· Participate to the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
· Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
· Answer user’s query and service requests;
· A bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or any other related field;
· CCNP certification (an asset);
· Comptia Network+ certification (an asset);
· ITIL Foundation training (an asset).
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in network administration in a large organization.
Skills & Knowledge
· Skills in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations;
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management;
· Have good interpersonal communication skills;
· Ability to make complex information accessible;
· Passionate about technology, greatly motivated, curious, open minded;
· Positive and adaptable attitude, quick learner, good sense of humor, a real team player;
· Good analytical skills, autonomous, mindful of processes;
· Integrity and trustworthiness;
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment;
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
· Expertise in Cisco switches and routers, and in the configuration of IOS;
· Expertise in network technologies, protocols and concepts, such as TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, SMTP, CIFS, SMB, etc.
· Good knowledge of HA and load balancing technologies;
· Good knowledge of Linux-based network infrastructure;
· Knowledge of programming and automation (shell scripting, Python, Ansible, etc.);
· Knowledge of monitoring softwares (NetXMS, Kibana, etc.);
· General knowledge of Linux and Microsoft operating systems;
· Comprehension of Cisco ASA;
· Proficiency in WAN acceleration technologies;
· Awareness of wireless technologies;
· Know-how for iptables on Linux;
· Oral and written comprehension of English.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.