You'll be a key-player in developing the artistic style of our Avatar Video Game's User Interface (UI), collaborating closely with our UX designer and UI Artist's but also with the wider production team to bring James Cameron's Pandora to life.
· Conceptualize and create original designs and follow through to completion;
· Concept both independently and collaboratively presenting innovative ideas;
· Create motion graphics including designs, animations, and compositing;
· Identify and set up best practices, work-flows and pipelines;
· Conduct appropriate ad-hoc tasks as and when required.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
All applicants are required to share a strong portfolio demonstrating experience with conceptual designs, ideally you have examples of an organic nature - remembering Pandora, ' It's kinda the Garden of Eden with teeth and claws' James Cameron.
· Proven work experience in Motion Graphics;
· Experience with Video Game engines (e.g. Unreal or Unity);
· Experience with 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.);
· Degree in Graphics Design, Art or equivalent work experience;
· Solid understanding in design principles (e.g. info hierarchy, layout, typography, color);
· Excellent working knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects);
· Excellent Graphic Design skills (e.g. Design, layout and typography);
· Awareness of current trends in visual communication is essential;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who can continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.