Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.
To design, prototype, develop and maintain game content and systems, to ensure this content is enjoyable, consistent with the creative vision, and free from bugs.
· Work closely with the design team, as well as developers from other disciplines, to develop game content which delivers a rewarding and exciting experience for the player. You will be expected to implement pre-existing designs and to come up with original and creative ideas yourself.
· Communicate the results of any prototypes and designs to other disciplines in order to validate your design intentions and that they fit with the creative vision.
· Identify requirements of any designs and communicate these to the appropriate teams in order that required content is created. (New Gameplay, AI, Cameras, Audio, Text, Objectives etc.)
· As the project progresses, integrate the content produced by other disciplines for your designs into the game engine.
· Control the accessibility, understanding, and level of difficulty of your designs.
· Create and maintain scripts/scenes for controlling various game elements.
· Create and edit elements of the mission.
· Locate, analyze and fix bugs in your own and your colleagues’ work.
· Conduct gameplay evaluations on your own and your colleagues’ work, providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game.
· Identify any additional programming requirements, specify the requirement and test the delivered product.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Good organizational abilities and have a high level of attention to detail.
· Creative flair coupled with an analytical approach to problem solving.
· Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Enthusiasm for on-going learning and self-development.
· Passion for games
· Keen interest in gameplay creation and in the structure and design of individual missions.
· A degree in games programming, games design, a related discipline, or 1 years relevant experience.
· Programming experience and an aptitude for logical problem solving.
· Basic knowledge of level editing tools
· Solid skills in 2D and 3D software (e.g., Photoshop, 3DS Max)
· Knowledge of scripting languages and systems (e.g., Lua, Unreal) and experience in level editing tools would be advantageous.
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!