As a Local IT Technician at Massive you'll be part of a team that support workstations, servers and other IT systems for more than 650 game developers and support staff. The team's role is to ensure all computers and systems are running smoothly and that any incidents are taken care of in a timely manner. Incidents can range from simple services such as enabling desktop workstations and supplying mobile phones, to more complex services like installing servers and provisioning compute capacity (servers/virtual machines).
Your goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to to pave the way for our game-devs to make some of the best games on the planet!
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
· Providing the highest-standard of client support (IRL, chat, mail and the service desk system).
· Handling all levels of technical support (1st and 2nd line) in a professional and timely manner.
· Continuously helping to improve existing IT tools and processes.
· Specializing in at least one area (e.g. license purchases or responsible for streaming equipment).
· Setting up workstations with computers and necessary devices.
· Performing troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.).
· Checking computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality.
· Installing and configuring appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
· Developing and maintaining local networks in ways that optimize performance.
· Ensuring security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
· Maintaining records/logs (tickets) of repairs, fixes and the maintenance schedule.
You as a person
You have a thorough knowledge of computer software, hardware, a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. You're customer-oriented with great communication skills in English (our company language). You also have superior technical expertise and are a problem-solver. If you have experience solving IT tickets at a large organisation like Massive (300+ employees), it would be considered an advantage.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
· Proven experience as an IT Technician.
· Degree in Computer Science, engineering, a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
· In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
· Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
Good to know
We aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here , to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.