From your first day you will play an active role in video game creation becoming fully immersed in some of Ubisoft's most innovative titles. This hands-on approach provides you with an overview of the challenges faced in video game development and gives you the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as the project grows.
Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
Develop, document and support the game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
· Provide documentation of the art processes and assist in defining the art pipeline within the assigned project;
· Profile game scenes and ensure assets are game ready;
· Work with other team members to find ways to improve quality standards on the project;
· Assist in the optimisation of content for memory and performance gains;
· Assist the Technical Art Director with the creation of documentation;
· Help to improve the pipelines and skills needed to for the production art team;
· Streamline modelling, texturing and visual effects to meet the needs of the project;
· Maintain a balance between day to day work and improving workflows;
· Document approved 2D and 3D techniques and methods;
· Work with the Technical Art Director and Senior Technical Artists to identify ways to increase efficiencies in process and production pipelines;
· Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, modelling, animation and texturing when required;
· Support the Technical Art Director with any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
· Good interpersonal and communication skills;
· Proactive and results orientated;
· Willingness to share knowledge openly;
· Knowledge of standard office software such as Word, Excel, OneNote etc.;
· Basic knowledge of industry standard software packages such as Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.;
· Interest and knowledge in scripting and programming using Max Script, Python, C Sharp etc.;
· Good time management and prioritisation skills;
· Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art;
· Understanding of art asset pipelines;
· Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
· Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training;
· Up to 1 years’ experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment;
· Experience in the video game industry is essential.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.