Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The public cloud team standardizes design and processes related to public cloud infrastructure and management for all of Ubisoft including our game productions. This includes both transparent oversight via event auditing and more direct standards such as account lifecycle, service inter-connectivity and baseline architectures for all cloud users.
As a Google Cloud Architect working as part of the Public Cloud team, you’ll develop and deliver solutions to meet today’s growing demand for Agile and cost-effective cloud computing solutions. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for planning and delivering legacy infrastructure transformation and migration from on-premises infrastructure to public cloud platforms.
As part the Google Cloud Architect, you'll also be responsible for leading cultural change for cloud adoption, by working closely with Ubisoft Production teams through their different development gates and assisting them with effectively managing a cloud environment.
The main responsibilities of the Google Cloud Architect are to:
· Provide thought leadership on both process and technical matters all while be a trusted advisor and champion on cloud technologies;
· Identify, formulate and suggest solutions for the long-range and short-range infrastructure priorities, goals, objectives and requirements for Ubisoft;
· Organize presentations of solutions and initiatives to staff (kick off meetings, peer review, technical follow-ups);
· Ensure budgetary expenditures and allocation of resources are kept as low as possible while delivering high quality solutions and ensuring needed improvements;
· Gather requirements and assist internal customers to express their needs, in situations where they already have a solution in mind;
· Recommend the implementation or modification of current policies and standards where applicable;
· Resolve architectural and design problems consistent with organizational directives and address other concerns as necessary;
· Lead, test or pilot processes for new services or technologies, and recommend staff training/development programs for upcoming new technologies;
· Assist administrators and give recommendations in case of major incidents;
· Embrace hybrid cloud technology and become a cloud evangelist with our partners.
A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
· 7+ years of experience in IT with at least 4 years in a 1000+ servers’ company;
· Having worked in company that went through cultural change from on-premises to off- premises.
· Extensive experience working with one of the leading cloud platforms such as Azure, Google Cloud or AWS;
· Experience in deploying and managing virtual and/or containerized workloads;
· Experience with infrastructure as code provisioning (using scripting or tools);
· Have good interpersonal communication skills (Oral and written Comprehension of English and French);
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.