As a Gameplay Programmer within the Animation team, you will build the core systems on which world-class data-driven gameplay systems are built. You balance writing efficient code with great communication skills. You will be working in cross-functional teams, collaborating closely with Animators, technical Gameplay Designers, and other Gameplay Engineers, understanding their needs and mentoring them on how to build gameplay systems - in code and in data.
What you’ll do:
· Adapt existing technical designs into functional code systems, in collaboration with other Senior and Lead programmers
· Work in tandem with Animators and Designers in order to create robust, scalable gameplay systems
· Create data-driven code systems that satisfy performance requirements whilst matching their respective design briefs
· Self-motivated with a creative mindset
· Skilled C++ programmer, with great understanding of modern C++
· Experienced with working in the gaming industry, preferably AAA game development
· Experienced with building large data-driven systems
· Experienced with building systems that drive large numbers of highly dynamic characters is a plus
· Excellent communicator, both written and spoken English, including technical documentation
· Interested in creating gameplay animation
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.