Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
Support the Game Design team by creating balance economical model and systems providing the best possible experience for the players.
· Design sustainable economy systems in line with the game’s long-term vision;
· Keep constant track of any sinks and sources through the life of the game, identify needs and relationships between players progress and economy;
· Define virtual items and their statistics with the Game Design team and project how each of them modifies the game dynamics;
· Ensure balancing economy systems in collaboration with the Game Design team and Monetization Manager;
· Effectively communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm economy systems are well integrated in the core gameplay features;
· Work with the Data Analysts and other relevant team members to analyse the impact of changes in your area and assist with identifying opportunities that will have a positive impact on games economy;
· Collaborate with Game Designers and the Monetization Manager to help identify, design and implement new features and items to improve user conversion, retention and monetization;
· Manage the player journey from first experience through to end game ensuring that the progress is smooth, and the economy is aligned to expected targets along the way;
· Produce clear, effective design documentation according to project standards and develop an understanding of how to make it effective as possible;
· Project how players will behave and using data-driven approach, identify economy bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement.
· Monitor implementation of economy systems and work closely with relevant teams to ensure that systems remain consistent with the current design;
· Aim to combine innovation and knowledge of existing standards to create economy systems which provide the best experience for players and monetization opportunities.
Skills and Knowledge
· Excellent knowledge of current design methodologies regarding player acquisition, retention and monetization;
· Understanding how to create player’s motivation levers in the context of a core game loop;
· Strong analytical thinking, skills to identify issues and relations between players perspective and corresponding systems;
· Strong econometrics skills, able to model complex systems and draw qualitative conclusions out of data.
· Strong knowledge of a wide understanding of different business models and key identifiers that lead them to success;
· Great interpersonal and communication skills;
· Good knowledge of a wide range of games across multiple platforms and an understanding of the economy design concepts that are connected to monetization or retention features;
· Excellent time management skills, understanding prioritization based on systems impacts on the game’s economy;
· Good knowledge of Excel and other relevant software i.e. analytics dashboards
· Either a Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or relevant training/experience in Business, economics, statistics or similar;
· 2 years or more experience in economy design, game balancing, monetization or other relevant fields.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.