Ubisoft Montreal, a leading video game developer, located in the heart of Montreal's Mile-End, offers a unique AAA franchise environment. The GNS (GNS) is looking for a Cloud Administrator to bring its expertise to life within our dynamic games and technologies team.
As a cloud administrator, you’ll be joining a team engineering, deploying and operating 24x7x365 an OpenStack based, on premise cloud solution. You’ll participate in creating, deploying and scaling our cloud infrastructure for different teams while also contributing to the execution of various projects and acting as a second level support for the platforms (including 7/24 pager support).
If the challenge of working in a cutting-edge online micro services environment using a lot of technologies speaks to you, and if automatic deployment and management of an infrastructure in the cloud is your passion, then we have the right opportunity for you!
The main tasks of this position are to:
· Solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices;
· Work with your team to invent, design, and build systems that are stable and efficient;
· Consider the legacy of the systems you produce, how they will scale, and limit the use of short-term workarounds. Make appropriate trade-offs, re-use where possible, and are judicious about introducing dependencies;
· Identify patterns that affect the performance, reliability, or availability of a product or service and drive them out of the system through automation or other technical innovation;
· Resolve the root cause of complex problems, leaving systems better and easier to maintain than when you found them;
· Maintain and operate the Ubisoft Private Cloud platforms (Openstack/KVM) with an emphasis on security, using documented, automated installation and support procedures;
· Conduct virtual infrastructure capacity forecast and health assessments and improve resource allocation on the virtual platform by proposing various usage optimizations;
· Perform system & application patching, upgrade firmware and monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
· Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the Cloud platforms;
· Participate in the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
· Work on project ideas with stakeholders, and peers;
· Answer user’s query and service requests.
· A bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems or a related field;
· 3+ years of experience in management of a virtualization or Openstack Cloud platform and/or 3+ years’ experience in Linux system administration/DevOps.
· Expertise of virtualization, storage and networking technology;
· Experience with monitoring tools such as Sensu, Zabbix, or Prometheus;
· In-depth knowledge of Linux system administration;
· In-depth understanding of Public Cloud providers like Amazon AWS, GCP, Azure;
· In-depth understanding of Openstack;
· General knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server / Active Directory;
· In-depth understanding of object storage (Swift) is an asset;
· In-depth understanding of Configuration Management systems like Chef & Puppet & Ansible is an asset;
· Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
· Knowledge about upcoming technologies like containers or distributed storage systems an asset;
· Capacity to troubleshoot unprecedented problems or situations;
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and make complex information accessible;
· Have good interpersonal communication skills (Oral and Written Comprehension of English).
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.