Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 300 employees from 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.
On being an 3D Programmer at Ubisoft Singapore
When you’re a 3D Programmer at Ubi Montreal, you connect with our players on two of the most basic aspects of a AAA game: its visuals and its performance. Your exceptional maths skills, your sharp eye for visual detail and your knowledge of GPUs allow you to write a game’s most fundamental code and deliver a stunning visual experience.
As a dependable member of a larger production team, you collaborate with colleagues from a range of disciplines who depend on you for quickly getting something that is clear and good looking up on screen. You work well with technical artists, transforming their requirements into efficient, working code.
Essentially, what you care about is image quality; you’re probably a photography or cinematography buff. You have a good understanding of the physics of lighting and a working knowledge of physically based shading. You use these passions, skills and knowledge to create striking work, and are eager for your colleagues’ feedback.
The daily life of a 3D Programmer at Ubisoft Singapore
· Program code customized to the hardware you are working with
· Explore new hardware and deal with the interesting new challenges it poses
· Meet up with artists to assess their needs and vision
· Review code to improve its performance, in search of that vital extra millisecond
· Read the latest relevant academic literature in order to stay at the forefront of your field
· You might attend a 3D tech talk by one of your colleagues on another project or brand – or give one yourself
What it takes to make it
· An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
· A minimum of 3 years' experience in general programming, ideally in the video-game industry, of which at least 2 years in graphics programming (having shipped a video game is an asset)
· A proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals
· Experience with HLSL, DirectX
· Proficiency in C++ (understanding of C# is an asset)
· Experience developing on video-game consoles and in performance optimization for consoles
· You are a Philomath (a.k.a. a lover of maths – algebra, geometry, calculus, the whole set)
· You are creative and thirsty for innovation
Please note that, depending on your level of experience, expertise and skillset, your application will be considered for either the intermediate, either the senior role. This will be communicated at the earliest, during the interview process.
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!