Ubisoft is one of the leaders in entertainment, with a rich portfolio of well-known brands worldwide. In Ukraine Ubisoft has two studios, Ubisoft Kyiv and Ubisoft Odesa, which focus on strengthening Ubisoft's presence on all platforms, with the main expertize in PC. Ubisoft Kyiv was established in 2008 and is one of the biggest GameDev studios in Ukraine that collaborated on blockbusters like Assassin's Creed®, Far Cry®, Steep®, Watch Dogs®, Trials®, Rainbow Six®, Ghost Recon ® and more. Ubisoft Odesa was opened in March 2018 and takes part in the development of Ubisoft’s world-known franchises.
When you’re a 3D Programmer at Ubisoft, you connect with our players on two of the most basic aspects of a game: its visuals and its performance. Your exceptional maths skills, your sharp eye for visual detail and your knowledge of GPUs allow you to write a game’s most fundamental code and deliver a stunning visual experience.
As a dependable member of a larger production team, you collaborate with colleagues from a range of disciplines who depend on you for quickly getting something that is clear and good looking up on screen. You work well with technical artists, transforming their requirements into efficient, working code.
Essentially, what you care about is image quality; you’re probably a photography or cinematography buff. You have a good understanding of the physics of lighting and a working knowledge of physically based shading. You use these passions, skills and knowledge to create striking work, and are eager for your colleagues’ feedback.
The daily life of a 3D Programmer at Ubisoft
· Developing graphics tools and tests to validate or find optimizations for mobile devices
· Communicating with tech artists and artists in order to improve visual fidelity and rendering speed
· Implementing new graphics features and exposing these to gameplay C# code
· Optimizing or extending the C# (or C++ potentially) code that implements the rendering pipeline
· Writing and optimizing “ShaderLab” HLSL vertex and fragment shaders that run on the GPU
· Profiling the application to identify bottlenecks preventing the game from rendering smoothly
· Potentially aiding in optimizing any code in the application to ensure the application renders smoothly
· An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
· Good understanding of graphics programming (for video-game consoles or mobile a huge plus) or related experience
· A proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals
· and performance
· A thorough grasp of memory management & multithreaded programming techniques
· Knowledge of Unity, data oriented programming and ECS is a plus
· Experience developing on video-game consoles or mobile platforms and in performance optimization for consoles or mobile platforms
· You have understanding of how a GPU works and the data flow through the rendering pipeline
· You are a Philomath (a.k.a. a lover of maths – algebra, geometry, calculus, the whole set)
· You are creative and thirsty for innovation and have a collaborative and innovative spirit
· Willingness to continue learning – new technologies, engines, rendering techniques, programming languages, you name it
· International AAA game projects
· Access to cutting-edge hardware
· Experience using hottest internally developed game engines
· Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues
· Opportunity to travel abroad
· Medical / Life insurance
· English / French courses
· Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation
If you want to see your name in credits of Ubisoft’s games. Excited by the idea of communicating with IT professionals from all over the world. Passionate about technology and video games.
Ubisoft Kyiv has an opportunity for you!
Join Ubisoft Kyiv Studio and become “Serious about fun” together with us!