About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Anno 1800 has set sail, bringing players all across the globe in touch with our studio's 21 years of city builder experience. We are now looking for a talented software engineer to join our team in Mainz, Germany to help us ensure that our proprietary Anno engine keeps on evolving.
As 3D Programmer (f/m/d) you will develop strong architectures which take our engine to the next level. Besides implementing new functionalities, you will also maintain existing tools and frameworks while helping to ensure that we extract every bit of speed and performance from our platform. Our studio values a high level of teamwork, commitment and open communication, so you should be eager to drive improvements and just as comfortable speaking to our artists and designers as you are discussing code with fellow programmers.
· Research new rendering techniques to push the technological evolution of our engine
· Help us build high-quality tools and systems that ensure our engine is flexible, fast and easy to use
· Maintain and extend the existing engine, tools and frameworks
· Analyze performance and optimize code
· Collaborate with designers, artists and coders in order to fully utilize and expand on or engine’s capabilities
· Computer Science degree or equivalent
· Experience with developing 3D graphics applications using current rendering APIs (Direct3D 11/12, Vulkan) and shader languages
· Strong skills in C++, skills in C++/CLI or C# are a plus
· Good understanding of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
· Familiar with multi-threaded architectures
· Good debugging and problem solving skills and able to analyze and extend existing code
· Great verbal and written communication skills in English
· Self-motivated team player with good experience cooperating with artists, designers and other coders
· Passion for video games and technology
· Experience with performance critical programming is a plus
· Experience with GPU performance analysis and tools is a plus
· Flexible working hours
· External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
· Fresh fruits, discounted gym membership, corporate benefits and support for child care
· Free bike rental or lease your own bike
· Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, a cover letter including your earliest starting date, and why you would like to join us.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/