Established in 2006, Ubisoft Sofia has grown to a world-class game dev studio. Throughout the years, it has developed a rich portfolio, ranging from casual to action adventure games, and covering a wide range of platforms and technologies. The Studio has brought its expertise and creativity into brands such as Tom Clancy’s®, Prince of Persia®, and Assassin’s Creed®. For more than seven years Ubisoft Sofia has been a key contributor to the Assassin’s Creed franchise, most recently taking a significant part in the development of Assassin’s Creed Origins, and also leading the creation of both its mythology DLC “The Curse of the Pharaohs” and Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered. After 12 years, more than 18 released games, and increasing its teams almost seven times to 230+ people, Ubisoft Sofia is currently working on contributing to some of the Ubisoft's biggest projects including Beyond Good and Evil 2, and Skull & Bones. The most recent achievement of the production teams in the Studio is the release of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, highly acclaimed by both players and critics alike.
The Engine/Graphics Programmer will be involved in the core software used by all departments, i.e. her/his work is very important for everybody involved in game development. The game engine usually implements the latest technologies in the game industry (Graphics/Sound/Network/Physics) which gives unlimited opportunities for research and implementation of modern technologies. Usually his work is under the hood, but the good software foundation and strong design are essential for all software projects, hence the increased requirements.
· Adding new core features - participate in implementation of new techniques and algorithms that could boost the quality of the game;
· Keep the engine in a stable state;
· Work closely with team members of own or other job families for the optimal development of assigned features, during all stages of the development process;
· Analyze unfamiliar code of moderate complexity and re-use existing code effectively;
· Write code that is modular and self-contained.
· Working on low-level GPU/CPU optimizations for PC/PS4/PS4Pro/XboxOne/XboxOne X
· Minimum 2 (two) years of experience; experience in games development will be a plus;
· Experience with 3D graphics (DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan);
· Experience in multithread environment;
· Knowledge about latest 3D graphics technologies
· Very good knowledge of C++, object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms;
· Very good knowledge of mathematics (geometry, vector algebra);
· Ability to optimize the code/features she/he’s working on both in terms of memory and performance;
· Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines;
· Good English and Communication skills;
· Interest in computer and video games;
· Working with cutting-edge engine/graphic technologies;
· Informal, friendly and international working environment;
· Opportunities to develop your skills working on AAA games;
· Learn and grow with the best professionals in the gaming industry;
· Possibility to take part in international work-related conferences and trainings;
· Benefits package including – private medical health and dental care, food vouchers, card for all public transport lines, monthly brunches, gifts for special occasions, special game dev merchandise, library of books and games, and many more;
· Flexible working hours;
· Excellent office facilities and location right next to Borisova Garden Park in Sofia.
Please send us a copy of your updated CV in English.
* Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .