Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.
The successful candidate will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing graphical rendering features that meet the requirements of the project’s Lead Artist and Technical Architect.
· Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements.
· Implement code that is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system.
· Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work.
· Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team.
· Maintain technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines.
· Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
· Write debugging tools for programmers, level designers and artists.
· Keep abreast of new advances in rendering technology, algorithms and hardware.
· Passionate about playing and making games.
· Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
· Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and perforce.
· Able to plan and estimate their own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work.
· Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
· 3 years of commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published game in a 3d rendering programming capacity.
· Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
· Able to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
· Has knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc
· Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity.
· Good mathematics ability and a familiarity with common 3d graphics principles and rendering algorithms.
· Good working knowledge of current GPU architecture, and rendering APIs, experience with DirectX 11 a benefit.
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!