Providing comprehensive administrative support to the in-house Transport Services team
This will involve:
• Assisting in providing a comprehensive administrative, clerical support service to the Operations Supervisor
• Liaising with up to 20 drivers and Passenger Assistants on transport related issues on a daily basis including receiving and relaying information about route changes and other issues relating to the daily transport service.
• Providing a prompt and effective reception/telephone answering/message taking service for the office. Dealing courteously and efficiently with customers and ensuring that messages left on the telephone answering machine are responded to on a timely basis
• Being a first line of contact, dealing with and (where possible) resolving routine enquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
• Process incoming documents such as complaints and driver daily record sheets
• Maintaining a data base of training, DBS records, licenses and other information for drivers and passenger assistants
• Assisting the Operations Supervisor in maintaining and updating an accurate driver profile database and license checking
• Maintaining records of all vehicle repairs, maintenance, MOT and relevant PSV licence information
• Use and Manage ICT applications such Windows Packages, Word, Excel, MS Outlook to prepare spreadsheet schedules, emails, letters and simple reports
• Arranging and co-ordinating meetings and taking Minutes
• Scanning, photocopying and ensuring correct filing and storage of all work activities. Ensuring that confidentiality of the information stored is maintained at all times.
• Maintaining supplies of stationery and office equipment
• Process expenditure requests, invoices and other financial documents according to council policies and procedures and locally agreed practice
• Assisting the Operations Supervisor to keep up-to-date CTS policies and procedures
• Ensuring standards are maintained by Drivers and Passenger Assistants in relation to Child/Adult Safeguarding whilst Service Users are on-board vehicles transporting them to/from school and other facilities
• Manage time and own performance to assist with effective service delivery and personal development
• Ensure the achievement of personal objectives and performance targets
Ideal candidate profile
Essential skills and abilities:
• Good Numeracy and English Literacy skills
• Solid communication skills (both written and verbal) in order to represent the work area and deal with customers
• Ability to provide administrative and organisational support
• Ability to use computer systems with a high level of accuracy
• Able to manage and prioritise own workload to meet service standards
• Able to abide by the organisation’s agreed standards: i.e. confidentiality, diversity, health and safety, data protection etc.
• Ability to deal tactfully and responsibly with a range of people face to face and over the telephone
• Ability to use a range of ICT applications effectively
• Ability to liaise with up to 30 drivers and maintain accurate information of all transportation on a daily basis
• Ability to work to targets and under pressure in a reactive/pressured environment
• Ability to provide a customer focused service