Join a young and vibrant online retail team to show us how you can help us to drive the business forward through the company's websites. rideontoys4u.co.uk, jorggray.co.uk and outdoorcampingdirect.co.uk, outdoortechdirect.co.uk.
This is a great opportunity to test your skills and all the theory you have ever learnt in real time business conditions. At the same time you will also assist when necessary in the running of the back office functions that support the sales and customer services.
The successful person will be expected to have good written communication skills including an ability to edit complex information for a range of audiences and possible experience of editing content for the web. Good IT skills are preferable with the person possibly having junior experience of working with content management systems for website content production and e-marketing, HTML and CSS.
This internship could lead to a permanent position with the company.
1. Working with the ecommerce Software Magento (Magento is a admin system we use to control the look, content and functionality of our websites). Support the website content manager, which means you will have to:
• Add new products to the website if required
• Make sure each product has a relevant and clear title and product description
• Improving the product titles so the customers will be able to find them when typing the Keywords on Google
• Create and Link the banners or product images to individual pages if required
• Support the website content manager with the tasks they need a help with
Even though Magento has an intuitive administration interface, you will need to have a basic knowledge of html language to be able to work on these tasks.
2. Working with our social media agency to help them manage each of our brands by maintaining a marketing calendar and providing them with guidance for the weekly and monthly posts, emails etc.
3. Adding / updating new products onto our programs that control our listings on Amazon, Tesco, EBay and Rakuten
4. Working with the internal order management software connecting products added online to our back office
5. Customer Service Support
Support the office manager with the following tasks:
• Processing telephone orders
• Dealing with the repairs and returns
• Answering the phone calls and dealing with the customers’ requests
• Communicate with the customers via online chat > answering their questions and giving them a good customer service. These answers will help you to understand what on the website needs an improvement.
• Copy writing skills.
• An understanding of basic HTML language.
• Knowledge of brand marketing.
• Working knowledge of Social Media, SEO (link building, keywords, content marketing, PPC)
• Ability to operate a wide variety of computer application (excel especially)
• Good time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
• Drive and determination to exceed set targets.
Training will be provided for the systems we use.