As a Territory Manager, you will be responsible for the following activities:
· Station visits: A minimum of one monthly visit with observations/action plan properly documented. Record of visit must be maintained at the station and countersigned by the dealer or representative.
· Quality/Service: Ensure Top Service is implemented and practiced on stations within the territory. Each station in assigned territory must achieve at least 85%. Reviewing Top Service Performance with the dealer and implementing corrective actions.
· Training: identify staff training needs to be addressed through continuous on-site training and specific training in liaison with Training Manager. Scope of work includes HSE, SFS, Compliance and Ethics, Station Manual, commercial development and other trainings assigned quarterly.
· Salsa - Log station information, weekly call plan and visit call reports and track until resolved action items in Salsa.
Management & Profitability
· Contractual and legal framework:
· Ensure the existence of a valid contract for each station, control, monitor dealers’ activities to ensure fulfilment of contract objectives.
· Ensure proper liaison with government agencies in the territory on behalf of the Company.
· Monitoring of employment contracts, rentals and other royalties. Monitoring salaries and utility bills including rates are timeously paid.
· Financial follow-up:
· Profitability – track the financial profitability of stations in assigned territory using real & projected P&L. - correcting when applicable.
· Ensure monthly reconciliation between SAP Accounts + manual 411. Validating balance and accounting records
· Reporting and Risk Management – Prompt, review and act on reporting accuracy of activities at the stations. Update and circulate monthly reports when due: Financial review – Financial Situation, TOM - R, Stock Control, Real P n L vs Forecast, Station Checklist(s) – Housekeeping, SFS, Safety, SIS, DSSR, compliance Quality chart, Safety inspection (Risk Assessments), Non-Fuel Report, Stock-out and Stock Loss Analysis,
· Liaise with CSC and depots to plan, ascertain and monitor product deliveries.
· Asset Management - Establish equipment needs, plan, manage and protect company assets through regular, inspections and co-ordination of maintenance in liaison with Operations. This includes optimization coordinating function with relevant department.
· Stock Control – Making the gap analysis of the actual and theoretical stock at the station and determine stock variances or losses.
· Supervise all retail sales functions in the assigned territory.
· Oversee Conduct and adoption of the group marketing policies adapted to the environment.
· Ensure that all policies aimed at sales improvement and target realization are observed.
Commercial Development & Project Management
· Assist dealers in identification of business opportunities, competitor monitoring and other business development activities.
· SFS – Enhancing the diversification activities through shop planning, merchandising and activity implementation in shops in line with AMO standards, M-payments and solar objectives.
· Card – Develop the card penetration rate per station through training and canvassing.
· Market Intelligence – Monitor, activity report activities monthly – competitor (price watch: fuel, lubes, shop + new developments) & Legislation.
· Network Development – Identify and negotiate “new” service stations or prospects.
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmentalstandards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
As a Territory Manager, ideally you will possess the following:
· Minimum Marketing or Technical degree or equivalent.
· Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in a Commercial/Marketing/Business direct or indirect management
· Must be articulate, analytical, customer oriented, self-motivated, a team leader and able to work without supervision
Sales general responsibilities, Sales, Marketing
Marketing & Services
Region, department, area
Experience level required
3 - 6 years
Context and environment
Zimbabwe is going through a time of extraordinary socio-economic and political changes. The scarcity of hard currency is strongly affecting the industry and hence the financial position of the dealers and caretakers is increasing the risks of fraud and unethical behaviour. In this environment, the incumbent will lead by example and work to ensure full compliance with Total Group HSE policies, technical referential and Code of Conduct. The market is regulated by ZERA with a complicated supply plan due to its land locked situation and predominant positions of global trading houses. TZIM has developed a leading position in network (27% market share) which needs to be defended and optimized.