The Logistics and Transport team currently seeks to appoint an Operations & OBC Compliance Controller.
· You will manage the on boarding of new transporters
· You will manage assigned Transport Contractors adherence and compliance to contractual obligations, including operational availability, data collection requirements, etc.
· Ensure vehicles and drivers compliance to PATROM rules and that they remain compliant for the duration of the contract
· Provide guidance to Transport Contractors ensuring that the PATROM rules are implemented and managed in the Bulk Fuel and Lubricant Transportation.
· You will be themain point of contact between TOTAL SA and the appointed Services providers (Telematics software vendor/s, on-board camera service provider, Fatigue and distraction management system service provider/s, Rear and side camera service provider/s, etc)
· Manage the good health of the systems provided by the Service providers, the integrity of the database and reports provided from these tools with corrective action plans in place.
· You will beresponsibility for organising training for Transport Contractors new users or existing users for the different system tools.
· Assist in preparation for new tender contracts, maintenance of transport contracts and the renewal thereof
· Ensure non compliances flagged on the different system tools are managed as per the procedures in place and that corrective measures are implemented to reduce non compliances
· Analyse the Transport Contractors performance and provide recommendations for corrective plans. Monitor the action plan/s of transport contractors and closure
· Ensure compliance to the updating of the group violations monitoring tool/s and implementation of new rules
· You willrepresent the Company at the contractually required Review committee meetings between TSA and the various Transport contractors. NB, this role involves extensive business travel.
· Recommend areas of improvement for the consideration of the Transport Compliance, Safety and Training Manager for implementation to improve the efficiency and profitability of the transport operation.
· Ensure the efficient resolution of all customer queries and/or complaints. (Driver behaviour/short deliveries/irregular delays, etc.).
· Actively involved with the data collection for transporters HSEQ incidents/accidents investigations. Follow the action plans/corrective action put in place by the Transporter and closure
· Manage new compliance related projects
· You will support R & S and back office teams with transport compliance related issue
· Effective HSEQ and security management by ensuring constant compliance to the Company’s HSEQ and security standards, any local by-laws and government legislation to minimise all risk pertaining to the company’s assets and stock, be an excellent corporate citizen, remain operational and ensure the safety of all people.
HSEQ and Technical
You will effectively manage and minimise the risk associated with transport operations by ensuring:
· compliance with all HSE Policies, rules, guidelines and legal requirements within area of responsibility;
· promotion of safe working environment and positively contributing to the company HSE KPI’s and risk reduction strategies;
· HSE competency requirements are enforced within area of responsibility.
Ensure effective risk management and internal control, including asset management, for area of responsibility.
· You will be the Super User of the OBC system and Key Liaison Officer to Mix Telematics & Compass FM
· You will ensure the health of the OBC system and its ultimate functioning at all sites
· Manage the software vendor on behalf of TOTAL SA
· You will be responsibile for organising the training of new users
· Support users throughout the business with OBC related matters
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
· You will need a Degree in Business / Transport / Logistics Management
· 3 years’ experience in Transport or Logistics (Experience in Telematics will be advantageous)
· Experience in problem solving (ability to identify and challenge problems) and operational analysis, negotiating skills, organisational skills, strategic skills, good computer literacy (excel skills essential), tenacity
· Experience in project management
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work as a team player
· English is the working language
Operations & OBC Compliance Controller
Marketing & Services
Region, department, area
Experience level required
0 - 3 years, 3 - 6 years
Affiliate (if known)
TOTAL SOUTH AFRICA (PTY) LTD
Context and environment