As part of the Global Risk Control Organization, activities involve contributing to any Risk Control process of the entities covered by the Global team:
· Analyze, model, and report market risk for all trading activities. Assess and monitor physical and financial trades, transportation, storage, park and loan, and foreign exchange deals. Analyze mark-to-market valuations, risk positions, basis changes, and P/L results on a daily basis. Develop and maintain risk reporting/analytics to communicate position, P/L and market risk to traders and management.
· Coordinate and review deal and price in trading system by performing deal check, price validation, curve update, and data reconciliation. Monitor timely deal capture, internal trading limits, and risk policy requirements to ensure the representativeness and integrity of transactions in the trading system.
· Provide critical thinking around risk reporting processes, quantification, and analysis of commodity exposure and forward price movements for TGPNA’s multi-products trading activities. Maintain, enhance, and review risk models. Test new risk calculations, evaluate model assumptions against fundamentals, and communicate suggested modeling/valuation enhancements to achieve better valuation and risk quantification. Communicate effectively with Front Office, Operation, back office and Finance team on inputs and assumptions
· Work closely with Traders to quantify and explain the sources of risk in their portfolios.
· Contribute to the reporting of Trading Result/ Position to Senior management.
· Work closely with Back Office, Finance, Credit, Legal & Compliance, Business Unit Control to ensure best control practices, operational efficiency and policy/limit compliance.
· Coordinate with Compliance to ensure compliance requirements are met
· Support, identify, and assist in implement of process improvement, from system testing and implementations to desk level process.
· Identify and communicate operational risk, define risk mitigating measures and priorities.
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
· Degree qualified in economics/finance/business/mathematics or quantitative discipline.
· Comprehensive understanding of risk management methodologies and valuation models.
· High levels of numeracy and computer literacy.
· High degree of accuracy and efficiency under set deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· High levels of flexibility with regard working hours.
· Good interpersonal skills.
General Services Responsibilit
Middle office Analyst
Gas Renewables And Power
Experience level required
0 - 3 years, 3 - 6 years
Affiliate (if known)
TOTAL GAS & POWER NORTH AMERICA INC