The B2B Technical team currently seeks to appoint a Maintenance Engineer!
In your role as a Maintenance Engineer you will be required to effectively fulfil the following key responsibilities:
· Ensuring compliance with the company regulatory and safety framework (people and properties on sites)
· Carry out day to day operations such as the replacement of defective equipment, attending to safety issues and administration related requests.
· Checking assets regularly in terms of full scope of Annual Technical visits, which should be conducted with customer representatives.
· Developing recommendations and action plans in line with the customer strategy.
· Ensuring that there are project management plans available for every site
· Ensuring that preventative maintenance is carried out as per the set schedules
· Conducting audits and quality inspections of maintenance work to ensure compliance to company standards
· Ensuring that the maintenance contracts are implemented in line with the SLA agreements
· Ensuring that contractors adhere to the company HSEQ requirements
· Handle maintenance work that falls outside of the general contracts
· Anticipate investments for the replacement of obsolete equipment in order to increase availability and reduce operational and maintenance costs.
· Carrying out the works for safety, risk reduction and compliance to company regulation
· Supporting and advising dealers on technical and regulatory obligations.
· Estimating the cost of equipment upgrades and installation for contract renewals
· Managing the delegated budget, launch orders and validate the payment of invoices according to purchasing rules
· Maintaining good customer relations internally and externally
· Updating and maintaining technical and assets data (synoptics, drawings, inventory, equipment data)
· Analyzing audit reports conducted by HSEQ and take corrective action in conjunction with business owners to close findings.
· Informing and training site operators on good utilization of equipment and on housekeeping
· Supporting Contracts Manager in Business Performance Reviews
· Managing the AUC process for work in your scope
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
These requirements will see you succeed in the role:
· You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering
· You have a minimum of 2 years experience in the Petroleum engineering
· You have experience working with customers and/or multiple stakeholders
· You can manage high level of autonomy and problem solving skills
· You have the ability to manage high workloads efficiently
· You are a self-starter proactive and are available at any time
· Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
Inspection & Maintenance General Resp., Maintenance Methods Studies, Maintenance, Sales general responsibilities
Marketing & Services
Region, department, area
Maintenance / Inspection / Technology, Sales
Experience level required
3 - 6 years
Affiliate (if known)
TOTAL SOUTH AFRICA (PTY) LTD
Context and environment