PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy will close on Thursday 22nd of October 2020.
The Barge Operator reports to the Barge Supervisor.
This role is responsible for the safe operation of marine systems, including station keeping, routine preventative maintenance and co-ordination of vessels within the 500m zone.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly.
About us / company profile
· Minimum qualification STCW Reg ll/1 (OOW)
· FPSO experience.
· Tanker Endorsement (Oil)
· DP or TAMS experience.
· Knowledge of marine systems, associated technical standards, processes and relevant legislation.
· Experience in the control and use of “Safe Systems of Work” (PTW) including their procedures.
· Written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner.
· Ability to create positive relations to peers and stakeholders internally and externally.
· Ability to manage risks in an effective manner.
Gryphon Barge Operator
Exploration and Production
Experience level required
Less than 3 years, Minimum 3 years, Minimum 6 years
Context and environment
Supports the Barge Supervisor to ensure the installations station keeping, vessel stability, loading/offloading operations and associated marine activities.
· Have sufficient understanding of process safety and major accident hazard management to be able to effectively contribute and influence decisions impacting process safety.
· Commitment to incident free operations.
· Ensure all marine & deck activities are conducted in a manner that protects the health, safety, environment and welfare of the people and assets.
· Where appropriate, provide input to major accident hazard management, in particular the prevention, detection, control, mitigation and response to major accidents.
· Ensure work programs are executed in a safe, competent and timely manner, are correctly prioritised and resourced (manpower and equipment) and optimised within the overall work load on the installation.
· Build effective working relationships with other departments and shifts.
· Ensure vessel position and heading is controlled and maintained.
· Manage and effectively operate cargo storage and export, ballast control, and power management systems, and be able to demonstrate compliance with the asset assurance & verification scheme elements.
· Ensure that operational & first-line maintenance activities strictly adhere to safe system of work, contractors and vendors are adequately supervised as appropriate.
· Ensure installation safety systems provide the means of evacuation and / or escape, and ensure helicopter systems & lifesaving appliances are at optimum readiness.
· As part of the Asset team, assist with delivering;
· Continuous performance improvement
· Cross facility assistance.
· Recommend changes to equipment and assurance routines to improve performance, efficiency, cost management and productivity.
· In emergency situations execute duties as specified in the station bill/emergency response procedures or as directed by the OIM.
· Comply with Company procedures and ensure a full and comprehensive handover detailing all relevant information in accordance with these procedures.
· Commit to Competence Assurance System and undertake training and assessment activities as appropriate to the role.