We have a new opportunity for an Embedded Generation Pricing Analyst who will assist with the monthly pricing cycle for the Embedded Generation power portfolio. This includes ensuring Cost of Electricity and 3 rd party charges are calculated accurately and on time whilst communicating progress to other areas of the business. The Pricing Analyst role will be varied and will include a mixture of recurring tasks and dealing with ad-hoc requests such as customer queries, some of which can be complex. This is an exciting opportunity to understand how the renewables energy market operates, how electricity prices are calculated and learn about the different non commodity elements that make up the final billable rates for the customer. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become an expert in the pricing field.
The role includes, but is not limited, to:
· Managing the monthly embedded generation invoicing process working closely with customers
· To provide proactive support for Sales and Servicing for all pricing queries and issues; to be first point of contact for queries from around the business, highlighting any issues to the team and Pricing management.
· To ensure accuracy of the data of our in house systems to ensure the data required for pricing on a monthly basis is accurate and at low risk of incorrect billing.
· To successfully support pricing the Index portfolio within the agreed SLAs. To minimise any re-bill activity by paying close attention to the detail of each contract.
· To respond to all aspects of pricing queries from customers within the required timeframe to ensure billing activity is not negatively affected.
· Develop good relationships with internal and external customers
· To work on developing and testing of related software
· Maintain a proactive approach to supporting the re-pricing process for all elements that make up the final customer price; including distribution, transmission, metering and other industry charges.
· Maintain accurate pricing of bespoke pricing mechanisms.
· Develop a commercial awareness including an understanding of the electricity industry and TGP.
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Total Gas & Power Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Total Group responsible for energy Marketing and Trading activities in the UK.
Total Gas & Power Ltd’s UK Marketing business is a specialist provider of energy to UK businesses. We supply natural gas and electricity to many thousands of sites across the UK, and we are market leaders in the highly competitive Industrial and Commercial sector (by gas volume).
With customers across the entire commercial and industrial spectrum, competitive prices, a wide array of product solutions to meet customers’ individual buying needs, and high quality customer service remain the keystones for our growth and competitive success.
Our teams of dedicated employees always ensure a personal and professional service for all our customers. These teams are based in one of our three offices: Redhill in Surrey (main location), London and Leeds in West Yorkshire. We also have a network of field-based Account Managers located across the UK enabling us to form an individual relationship with our customers.
To be a success in this role, you will need:
· High attention to detail and very organised
· Inquisitive and problem-solving approach
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Intermediate Excel is essential
· Knowledge of the electricity market an advantage
Admin Sales Support/ Trading
Embedded Generation Pricing Analyst
Gas Renewables And Power
Experience level required
3 - 6 years
Salary range to
Affiliate (if known)
TOTAL GAS & POWER LTD
Salary range from