Description du poste
We are looking for an experienced (at least 3 years after PhD) highly motivated and outstanding Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Research Scientist to expand our research efforts and to coordinate existing and new research projects, working closely with businesses.
This position will be included in our Scientific Computing, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence R&D program in Saclay. The incumbent will conduct, set up and coordinate cutting-edge research to design and develop machine-learning and deep learning algorithms to serve our multi-disciplinary and transverse operations in all of Total’s branches (Exploration & Production, Refining & Chemicals, Marketing & Services, Gas Renewables & Power), mainly in the chemometrics field.
· Conduct research and represent Total by publishing peer-reviewed papers in international top-tier journals and by participating in major international conferences.
· Coordinate research actions with internal and external actors.
· Identify new application domains where AI can have added-value and propose new research projects and ideas.
· Help researchers and data scientists develop and apply innovative algorithms and tools to improve or create new data science techniques.
· Perform technology watch and intelligence.
· Contribute to the development of machine learning models, conduct tests and improve performance.
· Produce high-quality reporting to senior management.
A propos de nous/Profil de l'entreprise
BETTER ENERGY NEEDS YOU
Donnez le meilleur de vous-même à l’énergie ! Rejoignez TOTAL : plus de 500 métiers différents dans 130 pays. Une entreprise responsable avec des standards de sécurité et d’éthique forts, des perspectives d’évolution de carrière variées, une culture de l’innovation et une mission partagée par les 100.000 collaborateurs du Groupe : rendre l’énergie meilleure jour après jour.
Ideal candidate profile
· PhD in Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or a related discipline with excellent knowledge of the main modern data science and machine learning techniques (statistical learning, machine learning, deep learning, trees, random forest, clustering...)
· At least 3 years of professional experience in setting up and executing ML-related projects .
· Strong background in Chemoinformatics (or Chemometrics on molecular modeling and development)
· Experience with Quantitative Structure Activity Relationships (QSAR) and related techniques about chemical compounds properties prediction.
· Programming experience with Python, R, C++languages and Scikit Learn, TensorFlow or another equivalent Machine Learning / Deep Learningframework.
· Experience with version control systems: Git...etc
· Willingness to travel a few times a year, domestically and internationally.
R&D Simulation numérique/STIC
Intitulé du poste
Data Science & AI Researcher - Chemometrics
Marketing & Services
Région, département, localité
91 - Essonne
Niveau d’expérience requis
3- 6 ans, 6 - 10 ans
Contexte et Environnement
In our Saclay based research entity, we apply innovative, state-of-the-art technologies and skills to develop enabling and breakthrough technologies, technical tools and quantitative techniques and want to be at the leading edge of strategically-important research areas. Our activities will be accelerated through proprietary research, joint-industry projects, government and university-sponsored programs, and by leveraging alliances with corporate partners and other research centers.
Our strategic goals are fueled by research in the following exciting areas, where Data Science and Artificial Intelligence will be crucial and strategic:
· Earth Imaging, remote sensing.
· Image analysis.
· Operations optimization (incl. predictive maintenance, early fault detection, etc…).
· NLP (Natural Language Processing) and Information Extraction and Contextualization.
· Energy management systems, smart grids, smart cities.
· B2C and B2B, contextual information.
· Renewables energies, including photovoltaics, batteries.
· CO 2 capture and storage
· Accelerated material development
· Behavioral and Emotional AI