KAMPALA-COURSE VIEW TWRS(UGA)
The job holder will be responsible for managing contractors undertaking Biodiversity studies and projects and ensuring that they execute their work efficiently. Participating in analysis of biodiversity data in line with Company standards. Ensuring effective coordination and alignment between biodiversity project studies and other studies in the affiliate. Contributing to identifying, designing and implementing biodiversity and ecosystem studies in line with Company Health Safety, Social, Security, Environment (H3SE) and Biodiversity policies. Participating in the planning for restoration of impacted areas. Participate in building relationships with relevant agencies and Civil Society Organizations through regular and open biodiversity engagements. Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of the organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues particularly those associated with biodiversity. Monitoring the Company’s environment performance against key indicators, providing specialist advice in impact assessment on environmental matters. Ensuring mitigation of the negative impacts and enhancement of positive impacts by Total's activities on the environment, in line with applicable national requirements and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) performance standards.
About us / company profile
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. www.total.com
In Africa, besides exploration and production and renewable energies, Total is active across the whole petroleum product supply chain (service station network, general trade, lubricants, aviation fuels, bitumen, LPG) in more than 40 countries, where the Group is the sector leader with an estimated 18% market share. Around 1.8 million customers are served every day at one of TOTAL's 4,200 service stations on the continent.
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor of Science, in Environmental Science with a bias in Ecology, Zoology or Conservation Biology.
· Post graduate training in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
· Minimum three (3) year's professional experience in Applied Ecology, in an operational setting (preferably oil and gas or other similar industry).
· Experience in project planning and management is an added advantage.
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of both National and International environmental legislations,
· Clear Understanding of International best practices/standards e.g. International Finance Corporation (IFC), International Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association (IPIECA)
· Good understanding of ISO 14001Environment Management System (EMS)
· Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines
· Negotiation, conflict management skills.
· Good computer skills (MS office, Access, and MS Project)
· Excellent report writing and analytical skills
Biodiversity Projects Engineer
Exploration and Production
Region, department, area
Hyg Saf Sec Societal Env Qual
Experience level required
3 - 6 years
Fixed term position