The Finance & IS - General Accounting Team seeks to appoint an Accounts Payable Products Controller!
In this role you will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Preparing payments for allocated vendors and accurate recording of vendor liabilities in SAP
· Reviewing the invoice verification performed by Shared Service Centre
· Logging all product and transport invoices in the ticketing tool
· Preparing the payment proposal and ensure vendor is paid on time
· Reviewing monthly reconciliations of allocated vendor accounts
· Liaising with business to clean up old items in vendor and GRIR balances
· Ensuring that there are no unexplained variances on monthly vendor reconciliations
· Delivering excellent customer service to vendors, customers and other contacts
· Producing reports and statistics on a monthly basis: KPI’s
· Ensuring that the processing of queries within agreed turnaround times HSEQ
· Suggesting improvement and optimizing of controls and processes
· Ensuring compliance to the Group’s standards
· Ensuring confidentiality of information
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
The following qualifications, skills and experience will see you succeed in this role:
· Degree in Accounting is essential
· One year’ industry experience will be an added advantage
· Thorough understanding of oil industry
· Understanding of AP processes
· Technical skills required: Accounting or finance skills, SAP especially accounts payable
· Key competencies include analytical ability and questioning, communication, planning and organising skills, cross functionality, good interpersonal skills, ability to meet strict deadlines; English is the working language
General Finance Responsibility, Accounting
Accounts Payable Products Controller
Marketing & Services
Region, department, area
Experience level required
0 - 3 years
Context and environment
Technical:large volumes of transactions that require attention to detail and complex entries that require appropriate technical knowledge.
Risk: High value transactions requiring valid supporting documents and appropriate levels of authorisation to ensure that all entries are authorised and valid. Accuracy is imperative to ensure all entries posted are accurate and complete.
Candidate must be a team player.