Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world’s leading off-price retailer of clothing and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2018, TJX had over $35 billion in sales, more than 4000 shops and 249,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
We are looking for an ambitious and self-motivated infrastructure and environments engineer to join our team. As a highly technical resource you will be working with various scrum teams within an Agile framework. You will have technical hands on experience in supporting and managing various environment setup activities, fixing/resolving environmental issues and maintaining stability. You will be working closely with other delivery teams providing technical support for DEV/TEST environments.
• Implement technical environment across on premise platforms, working with key stakeholders
• Establish and implement standard patterns for environment health checks
• Design and develop processes to support continuous delivery
• Task ownership of resolving technical environment defects ensuring the defects are logged and resolved
• Assist in test environment setup , configuration and support of ongoing test activities
• Assist in continuous improvement of test environment management activities to ensure testing cycle runs smoothly
• Support branching and merging strategies alongside Tech leads as necessary
• Manage JIRA and ensure all features/stories are well version controlled and necessary reporting can be extracted from JIRA
• Design and implement configuration management activities to ensure features are merged and version controlled as in place as necessary
• Perform ongoing daily operational responsibilities in the Tooling & Configuration Management (CM) Process
• Effective communication and coordination with other teams including scrum teams, support and test teams
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Managing and provisioning test environments
• Experience of DevOps tools and cloud systems
• In-depth Technical Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Nexus, GitHub, BitBucket, SonarQube, Akamai etc
• Experience of handling Data Refresh for multiple test environments inter connected to 3rd party systems
• Understanding of Networks architecture including load balancing and performance monitoring
• Experience of working with in a collaborative manner with a combination of nearshore and offshore teams (potentially provided by multiple suppliers)
• Good communication, presenting, collaboration and partner management skills
• Hands-on experience of working within a DevOps environment
• Small script writing capabilities for the purpose of data cleansing or data loading etc.
• Experience of working on various OS/Platform : Windows, Linux, Cloud services
• Experience of the following applications: Hybris, Java, Tomcat/Apache, ServiceNow, HP
• Database experience: MySQL, Oracle
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree in technology, information systems, engineering or communications, or equivalent work experience.
• Strong experience working in a DevOps environment.
• Experience of working with IT suppliers and external vendors
• Experience of working in the Retail space will be an added advantage.
• Experience of working within an Agile framework (SAFe would be preferable)
• Strong experience working in the environments setup, configuration and support space
What's In It For You?
As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future. Apply now.
Job Segment: Environmental Engineering, Engineer, Retail Sales, Information Systems, Database, Engineering, Retail, Technology