The TJX Distribution Centers are the hubs of our worldwide logistics operation. Our DC Maintenance Teams are integral to our operation which processes millions of units in inventory going. The Maintenance team, comprised of experienced technical problem solvers who are responsible develop projects and facilitate preventative maintenance procedures to ensure our 1.5 Million Square Feet Facility is equipped to optimize the flow of merchandise. Being a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, it is essential that our Distribution Centers are running efficiently and effectively to fuel our growing multi-billion dollar businesses.
Posting Notes: Philadelphia || PA
This opportunity provides preparation for post-graduate of Technical/Manufacturing Programs to become ready for a career in Maintenance & Facilities Management. This is a 12 Week Assignment that has the potential to lead to a long-term regular assignment.
· Learn from and shadow TJX distribution Skilled Technicians and DC Maintenance leadership
· Participate and contribute in process improvement initiatives
· Learn how to troubleshoot and assess mechanical and electrical components
· Provide insights and consult with Operations & Maintenance leadership regarding suggestions for process improvement
· Develop the skills necessary to support a dynamic fast paced, high volume facility
The Skills You Will Develop in Role:
· Fabrication & Welding: Exposure to wood and metal projects, may require operation of cutting torches and various types of welding equipment
· Motor Control: able to build, deconstruct, and trouble shoot gear boxes
· Develop/Strengthen problem solving and assessment skills especially related to mechanical and conveyor systems
· Develop vendor relation skills: Will work with TJX Agents, Vendors, and contractors directly to complete projects and assignments
· Prioritization Skills: Will work with a team to balance projects and assignments to ensure critical work takes priority.
· General carpentry
Qualifications for the Full Time Position:
The Skilled Mechanic will lead utility associate function, design solutions for problems, interact with outside contractors when needed, be on call for emergencies while working, and handle multiple projects and activities to accomplish departmental and distribution goals. Additional base qualifications for the full time role are as follows:
· Need to Demonstrate proven proficiency in three or more of the following areas;
· electro hydraulics
· electrical drive systems
· PLC controlled systems.
· Must have good verbal/written communications skills
· Ability to utilize basic math skills to complete project assignments
· Must have the aptitude to understand technical drawings: architect, mechanical, electrical, plumbing etc.
· Have familiarity with OSHA/NFPA/NEC standards
· Understand and knowledgeable of MSDS sheets.
· Ability to grasp, bend, and lift or otherwise move items weighing up to 75 pounds.
· Ability to work at heights or unusual work positions.
· Must be able to operate all shop equipment and hand tools used to fix DC equipment.
· Must maintain safety work practices & housekeeping standards
WORK ENVIORNMENT NOTE: Will have frequent exposure to lubricants, chemical vapors, aerosols, and other physical demands requiring certain levels of tolerance for working in adverse conditions i.e., noise, dust, heat, weather, conditions is necessary.
Come Discover Different at TJX—we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. We move a lot of inventory—at all times of the day—and that takes working, learning, and growing together. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit team in our Distribution Centers. As you think about where to work, know that we take care of our people. We offer competitive pay and great benefits. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Housekeeping, Mechanic, Maintenance Mechanic, Engineering, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Operations