Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and Homesense.
Cloud Engineer II is a key role that partners with key stakeholders in the organization to develop leading edge, well-defined solutions for cloud for cloud foundation that are aligned to TJX’s cloud-first Strategy. This role will be focusing on developing and configuring the cloud foundational components in Microsoft Azure.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provides Cloud Technology Services support, including off-shift support, for the complex incidents & requests for cloud services like PaaS and IaaS.
· Design solutions on Azure.
· Design and build of cloud automation framework for cloud solutions.
· Design and build of cloud foundational components like databases, logic apps, application gateways, compute, network, storage, backup, disaster recovery, etc.
· Build and implementation of cloud solution across multiple public cloud providers for PaaS and IaaS services.
· Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security, compliance controls, and conformance to cloud security standards.
· Implementation of the complex cloud services changes and on boarding of new services and applications.
· Provides subject matter expertise, technical analysis and consultation on the design and implementation of all cloud services and technologies.
· Defines technical scope and objectives for cloud services management, non-functional requirements, disaster recovery and security
· Collaborates with enterprise architecture and solution delivery on cloud solutions
· Performs other duties as assigned
Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Decides on solutions to resolve cloud services availability, PaaS and IaaS design problems.
· Recommends fit for purpose cloud solutions and appropriate use cases of technology solution to fulfill business requirements.
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Strong foundation of knowledge around Azure cloud services and the cloud ecosystem
· Expert knowledge of and experience with cloud services, IaaS and PaaS solutions and best practices. Esp. Microsoft Azure.
· Strong understanding of and experience with automation framework (ARM templates) and scripting (Python / PowerShell / Bash / Visual Studio Code build and deployment)
· CI/CD - Deployment Pipeline Experience (Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, etc…)
· Strong understanding of and experience with operating cloud services, including monitoring/alerting, cost reporting and optimization, cloud security and problem resolution.
· Extensive knowledge of and experience with PaaS databases, logic apps, application gateways, IaaS compute, network, storage, backup, disaster recovery, etc.
· Strong understanding of REST API Services and JSON structures
· Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows servers
· Understanding of the SDLC and experience with code management (git, bitbucket)
· Ability to adapt easily to changing requirements and priorities
· Commitment to customer service and accountability
· Strong analytical and organizational skills
· Works independently and as part of a team
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Detail oriented with excellent documentation skills/methodologies, who is able to successfully manage multiple priorities
Required Skills & Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Management, Computer Science, Business Administration, Math or equivalent related experience
· 3 years designing, building cloud services and providing operational support for cloud.
· 5 years of other IT experiences in SW development and/or technology.
· DevOps concepts and strategies
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Cloud, Merchandising, Engineer, Fashion Retail, Compliance, Technology, Retail, Engineering, Fashion, Legal