Come to work and be ready to think on your feet, grow your skills, and embrace the many opportunities. Our Distribution Centers are the key to getting new products out to our TJX family stores which include TK Maxx, Homesense in the UK and TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners and Homesense across the UIS and Canada. To keep up with our ever-changing inventory, we stay nimble and adaptable. No day is the same and that’s just how we like it. Every shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different—and support each other along the way.
The Automation Engineer will be working as part of the maintenance team, ensuring all materials handling equipment is kept to a high performance and availability following all Health & Safety advice and guidance.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
· Ensure that all work is carried out to the latest Health and Safety at Work Act and other legislation and regulations in line with TJX policy
· Carry out maintenance and servicing to site automated technologies in with the standards set out in the O & M manuals based on the manufacturers recommendations and industry best practise
· Ensure safety standards are upheld to legislative and Company standards
· Ensure work load is prioritised and have a pervading sense of urgency to complete repairs in a timely manner whilst ensuring H & S compliance
· Optimise availability, productivity and performance from plant, machinery and equipment on site
· Work in a continuous improvement environment highlighting opportunities where appropriate
· Investigate and determine reasons for failure of MHE equipment and ensure all these situations are reported and/or escalated where appropriate
· Ensure all risk assessments and Safe Systems of Work are complied with ensuring a common sense and flexible approach to Health and Safety
· Report any hazard or unsafe situation to line manager if unable to deal with by the post holder
· Carry out planned preventative maintenance, repairs and breakdown activities as instructed
· Implement the Automation Engineering Manager’s instructions in all aspects of the role
· Undertake other maintenance duties as directed
· Ensure the maintenance workshop is kept clean and tidy
· Assist in undertaking and reviewing risk assessments for their departments in accordance with the current regulations
· Help undertake accident investigations when necessary with assistance from H&S Advisors and implement appropriate preventative action
· Undertake necessary training to fulfil the role and ensure highest level of expertise maintained
· Manage inventory and replenishment of spares
· Apprentice trained craftsman - desirable
· Experience of automated warehouse technologies preferred, ideally working in a FMCG environment
· Understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic and PLC systems
· Proven ability to work as part of a maintenance team
· IT literate – Experience of Microsoft packages and computerised maintenance management systems
· Problem solving and analytical skills
· Able to read and understand electro-mechanical manuals and drawings
· Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and Codes of Practice applicable to the role
· Ability to communicate effectively
Discover Different at TJX—we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. We move a lot of inventory—at all times of the day—and that takes working, learning, and growing together. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit team in our Distribution Centers.
As you think about where to work, know that we take care of our people. We offer competitive pay and great benefits. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and / or sexual orientation.
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Engineer, Warehouse, Engineering, Manufacturing