Find your Epic Everyday!
Founded in 1986, Sierra helps people get active and outside with epic brands, vast selection, and teeny, tiny prices. Beginners to experts can find everything they need for activities like running, yoga, camping, and hiking so they can experience their #EpicEveryday. Sierra is an off-price retailer, selling some of the biggest brand names in apparel, footwear, and gear for your whole family at incredible prices. With over 20 years of online sales and new stores opening every year, it’s a great time to join the Sierra team.
Responsible for executing receiving and merchandising standards while ensuring Associates are processing efficiently and effectively, and working as a team. Ensures an excellent customer experience by engaging and interacting with all customers, and maintaining a clean and organized store.
· Role models exceptional customer service
· Creates a positive internal and external customer experience
· Promotes a culture of honesty and integrity; maintains confidentiality
· Orchestrates truck delivery, prioritizing the processing of merchandise onto the sales floor
· Takes an active role in training and mentoring Associates on established merchandising and processing principals utilizing appropriate company resources and tools
· Ensures merchandise is properly tagged, hung, secured, and coded per company guidelines
· Communicates with the Coordinator on Duty to ensure efficient flow of goods to sales floor
· Ensures Associates execute tasks and daily activities in accordance with store plan; reprioritizes as needed
· Monitors and measures productivity of team and coaches as necessary
· Organizes and rotates back stock for easy replenishment
· Maintains and upholds merchandising philosophy and signage standards
· Maintains all organizational, cleanliness and recovery standards for the backroom area according to established company procedures
· Ensures compliance with recycling and, where applicable, hazardous waste programs
· Communicates accurately and effectively with management and Associates when setting and addressing priorities; provides periodic progress updates
· Provides and accepts ongoing recognition and constructive feedback
· Partners with Management on Associate training needs to increase effectiveness
· Ensures adherence to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
· Promotes credit and loyalty programs during customer interactions
· Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and programs
· Promotes safety awareness and supports maintenance of a risk-free environment
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs, including nights and weekends
· Superior organizational skills with attention to detail
· Capable of handling multiple tasks at one time
· Ability to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
· Team player, working effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
· Capable of lifting heavy objects with or without reasonable accommodation
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to train others
· One year retail and 6 months of leadership experience
You can also feel good knowing that Sierra is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners and Homesense.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Bedford || NH || Sierra
Nearest Major Market: Manchester
Nearest Secondary Market: Nashua
Job Segment: Manager, Merchandising, Retail Sales, Outside Sales, Compliance, Management, Retail, Sales, Legal