The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our brands include T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; T.K. Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and Trade Secret in Australia. With nearly $31 billion in revenues in 2015, more than 3,600 stores, and approximately 216,000 Associates, success is always in style at TJX. We at TJX understand that both our customers and the talent pool from which our Associates come are increasingly diverse. Our core values of respect, integrity and fairness are inherent in the relationships we build with each other, our vendors and our customers. We are committed to leveraging the differences among our Associates and customers to create both a diversified mix of talent within TJX and a diversified mix of merchandise within our stores. We consider the unique views and opinions of our Associates to be key to our growth and success in the future.
Performs basic preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment and minor building maintenance to ensure safe and efficient building operations. Assists maintenance mechanics in routine troubleshooting and repairs.
· Performs basic preventative maintenance and routine repairs on various in-house systems to include conveyor, material handling equipment, tagging machines, storage equipment, vehicles, etc. Assists in troubleshooting and lubricates, adjusts and replaces parts.
· Performs maintenance services in two or more skill areas, including plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, electrical, heating, etc. may perform basic maintenance duties such as minor construction, landscaping, cleaning, etc.
· Assists maintenance mechanics in major equipment repairs, electrical repairs and installations in accordance with established safety procedures. Requisitions new supplies and equipment as necessary.
· Performs special projects or duties as assigned.
· Minimum High School Diploma or higher
· Vocational training in basic preventative maintenance practices preferable.
· Six months to one year experience in a preventative maintenance capacity with demonstrated mechanical knowledge/aptitude.
· Ability to work with limited supervision
· Be flexible with changing hours, demands, and priorities
You can also feel good knowing that TJ Maxx is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense and T.K. Maxx.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Evansville || IN || TJ Maxx
Nearest Major Market: Evansville
Job Segment: Maintenance, Architecture, Electrical, Merchandising, Carpenter, Manufacturing, Engineering, Retail