The SidebySide Partnership is a private investment office specialising in early stage growth investing. Our vision is to find and invest in businesses where we have identified a significant growth opportunity and where we can make a difference. We work closely with the entrepreneurs in our portfolio companies and help them with their strategy, fundraising and operations plans. Our aim is to create real wealth over the long term. We’re passionate about growing businesses and we’re at our best when we’re helping entrepreneurs to see round corners.
This role involves a combination of sector, company and market research, equity investing and portfolio administration. The successful candidate will be working to source and introduce new investment opportunities (particularly in disruptive technology) and helping to manage our existing portfolio companies.
Initiative and strong relationship building skills are a must. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, able to work with limited supervision and take a proactive approach to their work and be excited by early stage investing.
• To generate timely and accurate company investment introductions, appraisals (including the assimilation of financial information), advice and recommendations
• Manage inbound enquiries and take responsibility for overseeing potential investment opportunities and designate companies of interest
• Regularly meeting with entrepreneurs and business management teams to introduce The SidebySide Partnership
• Adhoc reporting where required and supporting portfolio management and administration
• Manage our existing investor network, including ownership and management of CRM database
• Financial and legal due diligence on investment opportunities
• Creation of promotional communications
• You are an undergraduate student with a year in industry as a compulsory or optional element of your degree program, who has outstanding academic achievements, and are on track for a 2.1 honours degree or equivalent.
• You are detail orientated and quality conscious
• You must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be competent working independently and as part of a team
• You are competent at multitasking and can complete work to strict deadlines
A finance background is not necessary but the successful candidate will be required to undertake some financial duties.
An interest and understanding in company valuations, growth drivers and the financial dynamics which help companies to succeed is preferable.
• Professional telephone manner
• Smart business appearance
• An advanced knowledge of Excel is preferred but not required
• Ability to work on initiative and develop professional networks is important