- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary.
- Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Tesco Car Purchase Scheme (provided by Alphabet).
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
About The Job
Do you always seem to know what the next big food revolution will be before it's hit?
If so then join us in our Buying team! You will be at the core of our business, out there getting the best quality product for our customers at the best possible price.
We want foodies who share our thinking that food is not just fuel; it's something to savour and to share. We want our customers to Love Every Mouthful.
Our scale means that being an Assistant Buyer at Tesco is also a big responsibility; our customers and all our colleagues around the world will be relying on the decisions you make. You can give us the edge by choosing the right products and working in partnership with colleagues to deliver the quality customers expect.
If you have the relevant qualifications, skills and experience, and have a real can-do attitude, excellent people skills and the ability to build strong relationships this could be the opportunity you have been craving.
Supporting your manager to manage supplier performance, identifying potential new suppliers and supporting to build long term supplier relationships
- Providing support to ensure your category has a long term, customer led plan which drives loyalty
- Conducting regular store/website visits and reviewing customer insight and food trends, helping shape our future product and range requirements for our customers
- Helping to build and source customer/market insight led ranges and product innovation
- Negotiating with suppliers with the support from your manager, improving the trading position in a sustainable way
- Supporting delivery of your department's trade, promotions and events plan, striving to exceed KPI forecasts and drive footfall
- Supporting the Supply Chain Plan, helping to get our products in store on time
- Working with suppliers and the category quality team to ensure product quality is achieved and maintained
- Adhering to all Tesco policies, storage and handover protocols and successfully completing all your training so that you have zero GSCOP breaches.
- Ensuring all agreements are recorded in writing, reporting GSCOP complaints to Legal within 48 hours of receipt, an
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
Operational skills relevant for this job:
- Influencing & negotiation
- Stakeholder management
- Supplier management
- Buying and Range management
- Trade planning
- Data analysis
- Microsoft Excel
Experience relevant for this job:
- Range & trade planning
- Report preparation and analysis
About the Company
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work and we are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain's Top Employers again this year.
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life and we would love to hear from you!